Stc-1000

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve123

Reaction score
Ive just received an STC-1000 that I ordered, I fear I may have ordered the wrong thing, there seems to only be one output on the back it was intended to be used on my brew fridge for hot and cold. Is there anything I can do with it or should I send it back and order one with 2 outputs?
Also it’s marked up as 12 v, I’m assuming I would need a 220v one.
Thanks

Attachments

• 10B04497-D1E5-42C1-935A-CEA2734966A7.jpeg
    10B04497-D1E5-42C1-935A-CEA2734966A7.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 99
  • ACEE091A-1C23-40CD-B03A-C7F2642551EA.jpeg
    ACEE091A-1C23-40CD-B03A-C7F2642551EA.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 98
Yes that's the wrong model. The one you want is this one. Or an inkbird ITC-308 if you don't want to deal with mains wiring.

Yeh that’s what i thought! Would the one I have work ok if I only wanted to heat or cool, could I use it with my kettle so I could switch it off just before it got to boiling in case I wasn’t watching it, I’m assuming not with it been 12v

I have a 12v one I ordered in error.
After some thought I hooked it up to a 12v car seat heater pad and used it to control my heating cabinet. Voltage drop from 240v to 12v courtesy a lighting transformer. Works a treat, so not a totally lost cause.

Yeh that’s what i thought! Would the one I have work ok if I only wanted to heat or cool, could I use it with my kettle so I could switch it off just before it got to boiling in case I wasn’t watching it, I’m assuming not with it been 12v
It doesn't matter how the unit itself is powered. That option is provided just to ease integration into industrial systems. What matters is the rating of the relays. If they're the same 240V/10A parts on the other models then they can handle switching a small heater or fridge. I would not use a 10A relay to switch a kettle element because there would be little or no safety margin.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram if I want to use an STC-1000 for cooling only? I have one to control temperature in my keezer but don’t need to heat if I set the temperature to say 10C.

@steve123 if you get another Chinese one please make sure it's not close to anything combustible! It bears the fake CE mark so has not been assessed for safety. It could be OK but you won't know unless you look inside. Chinese power supplies are notorious for catching fire.

@steve123 if you get another Chinese one please make sure it's not close to anything combustible! It bears the fake CE mark so has not been assessed for safety. It could be OK but you won't know unless you look inside. Chinese power supplies are notorious for catching fire.

I ordered the one that was posted above not arrived yet. If I looked inside what would I be looking for?

Very few components, poor soldering, poor or lack of insulation. But I assumed some electrical knowledge. You could post a photo. I guess it's cheap enough that you aren't too worried about voiding a warranty. You'l l also get an idea by the quality of the instructions and whether or not they give details and phone numbers for the manufacturer.

Hello I bought a Inkbird STC-1000 and am not sure how to connect heat belt and fan, do I remove the plugs off of them and wire directly into Inkbird hot and cold outputs?.

Back