Stella now 4.6%!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1604962854123.png

hmmm. Really?

Love this idea. We used to do this with fizzy drinks bottles in UK years ago. The kids returned these in return for their pocket money.
Yeah, and IT works. People want their money back:laugh8: they even came out with a new machine that you can just pour the whole bag into instead of one can at the time. Just pour into a big Hole and the machine does the rest.

The idea is great, but I think the practicalities would probably make it impossible for smaller UK shops. Where does the shop store the empties, etc. Fleets of vans going to every corner shop in the country to pick up empties would probably knacker any green benefits. Fortnightly recycling collections from home just seems to work better.

But it can work. This law was being passed just when we left the US, and aside from its loopholes has resulted in much more drinks bottle/can recycling in the state where it applies: Massachusetts Bottle Bill - Wikipedia
The cans and pet bottles Are cruched into small disks and then put into big bags by the machine,making it less a of a problem storage wise. All conveinient stores have one Said machine. Even the small ones.

i used to be called "wifey" to alot of my friends due to the amount of nelson mandella i used to drink. Kroney was always my favorite however. i went off nelson when they went from 330ml x24 down to 280 /75 x 20. i acctually mailed them furiouse that they had reduced the size of the bottles and the amount in a crate. i demanded what they think they are doing ruining our nations great rukkas juice?! the reply was that they are bringing us in line with our european cousins so we can adopt the drinking habit of the continent. i went rite off it after that. started on the berg and have been ever since. now look at the state of things. 250ml bottles at 4,6. .....almost fosters........still berg sells good sized cans and at 5%.

So if we are goi g to have a go at brewing something along the lines of the original, what am I shooting for?

33 IBU
5.2% abv
All Saaz
100% pilsner malt?
Lowish mash for fermentability.
Which yeast do we think?

Really fancy giving this a go.
brewfather has a recepie. i was actually thinking about this not long ago. but i would call mine Wife Beater

Back