Stella unfiltered - just marketing ....?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipfrog

Reaction score
Don't get it? Is it just a way of charging for the same lager that costs them less to produce? Plus made in the UK. Inbev...

Our corner shop has it. I think I'll buy a 4 pack just to see how it compares to other kellerbiers that I've had. In theory it should be more full-flavoured and the Stella of 20 years ago would have made a great kellerbier but decades of meddling have taken the flavour away from what was a very good lager.

At least it's a bit nearer to the Wife Beater of old at 5%. 😆

I've had some but only as the local CoOp had an offer to buy a pack of burgers and 4 bottles of it for £4, the burgers on their own were £3.50 or something like that so it was a no brainer. Pleasant enough but nothing special.

At least it's a bit nearer to the Wife Beater of old at 5%. 😆

I've had some but only as the local CoOp had an offer to buy a pack of burgers and 4 bottles of it for £4, the burgers on their own were £3.50 or something like that so it was a no brainer. Pleasant enough but nothing special.
I too got it from our villages co-op on the beer and burgers offer. It was OK on a sunny day but nothing I'd go out of my way for again. More marketing than anything else by jumping on the unfiltered bandwagon.

Anyone remember the imported 1 pint cans of Stella that seemed to be in every independent corner shop in the late 90's, early 2000's? The UK brewed supermarket stuff was already pish by then, and the keg stuff was starting to be messed around with, but these imported cans were still great. £1 a pop, if my memory serves me correctly.

I haven't had Stella in years! I probably wouldn't go out my way to get a can, but I have tried some other mass produced lager's unfiltered versions and they do tend to be a bit nicer.

Back