Stick or twist.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexedben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone. I have been on my homebrewing journey for 5/6 years now and have been through a number of kit iterations. I started off with a Peco BIAB kit from GEB, which I really enjoyed using, with the simplicity of it all. From this I upgraded the kettle side of this to a 15gal SS brewtech and induction hob to increase my max grain bill size. I really enjoyed the total simplicity of BIAB, one vessel to clean, no pumps and was happy to pay a bit more for the grain to counter the lack of efficiency I had with it 60/65%.

In a pre lockdown plan, I decided to try set a small commercial operation at home (didn't actually happen), so I upgraded to two more 15gal kettles to allow a 3 vessel kit to be built. Absolutely loved building this kit, getting all the fittings and learning the full brewing process rather than full volume mashing. Following some issues with mash temps, I then built a RIMS kit for it to allow step mashes, and control better the mash temps. Now don't get me wrong this is great, but my brew day has also increased to 6/6.5 hours rather than 5 with the BIAB kit.

Current Kit
IMG_20200330_174200_Original.jpeg

I am again looking to streamline my brewdays, now that I am actually working in a commercial brewery in Derby, and the addition to the family of a mini brewer. Basically I am just after some feedback, advice as to the direction I should go with my kit for the forseeable. I was looking at Brewtools kit, but then again I think I have everything with the RIMS to make a garage brew tools clone of sorts.

Cheers, Ben

Hiya,

Just from looking at the kit you have and reading the Post, I have only one suggestion.

Set up the kit you have to become a “Three Tier System”.

This will cut out humping water and wort about and lets gravity do most of the work.

With a “Handy Billy” you can even lift the brew as needed. i.e. Into the Brew Fridge as wort then out as a brew. The latter being high enough allow transfer to a bottling bucket and then on to kegs or bottles.
:hat:

Back