Still cider storage?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stigman

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've have my first attempt at cider currently fermenting away, but unsure of how I'm Gona age it all. I have about 35 litres or so, and don't want to bottle it all.
Question 1.can I fill a corni seal with say 20psi and leave at ambient temp (no room in kegerator) then just chill and serve when it's ready to drink in the future?

Question2. I don't have many crown cap bottles anymore so can I use used screw cap wine bottles (SWMBO gets through plenty of these) and I have quite a few whisky and gin bottles with the push in corks will these keep oxygen out over time?

Question 1.can I fill a corni seal with say 20psi and leave at ambient temp (no room in kegerator) then just chill and serve when it's ready to drink in the future?
I would say this is fine. Would be my approach

I wouldn't use wine bottles or corks if the cider is carbonated, you can use screw top bottles with their original metal cap but if you are going to make cider or wine regularly invest in some of these - Novatwist Reusable Plastic Screw Caps For Wine Bottles.
I was going to do it all still, keg and bottle. I was more conserned about oxygen ingress through used screw top wine bottles and whisky with the push in corks,

Latest posts

Back