Still planning my brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The garage in the new house (when the bloody sale go's through) does not currently have electric and is not attached to the house, I am currently wondering if I should go gas instead, I know I will need electric down there anyway but I imagine getting a suitable amount of electric down to the shed to run the brewery will cost far more than just lights and a few power sockets hence thinking about gas instead?

Opinions greatly appreciated :)

your right it can be pricey but all you need is a power socket (from the house) that you can run a cable and fit a fused spur(in the house) then run armoured cable to the shed , bury it , trail it whatever , it is water safe and shovel friendly , i have done this to mine , p.s i use gas so running elements on the above advice is probably a no no , But the idea is the same you just need start it off correct amp for it .

I would have thought the cost of running a 20A cable to the garage or a 40A cable or 5 x 30A cables (or whatever) would be much the same - the major cost will be labour and digging a trench etc. So you might as well have whatever circuits you need for brewing.

On Screwfix you can get 25m of 1.5mm2 (15A) armoured cable for £29.81. 4mm2 (40A) is £55.80. Not a huge amount extra.

I ran 10mm 4 core xple armourcore down the garden needed 40 metres its not cheap but can pull 60amps so I can run everything I need at once including my fermentinng fridge freezer laptop radio etc

I got mine from here. Their delivery was very quick. They have a branch in Cardiff which doesn't look too far from you. The main advantage for me is they sell by the meter so I didnt have to by 25m when I only needed about 12m :thumb:

Latest posts

Back