Stirring up sediment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_S_Jerusalem

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello,
So being the genius I am, I have mistakenly understood some advice I read (yes you guessed it, on the internet) and stirred my priming sugar into my primary bucket, causing the sediment to be stirred up.

So, a couple of questions, will this settle out good enough to bottle before the yeast has had all the sugar?
Or, is it possible to let the yeast have all this sugar, let it settle again and bottle prime later with a slightly higher alcohol?
Or do I have to now bottle with cloudy beer?
Also I only have one good bucket.

Many thanks

You could take either route, depends how much yeast you will tolerate in your bottles.
I'd let it ferment out and try again.

You could take either route, depends how much yeast you will tolerate in your bottles.
I'd let it ferment out and try again.
Yeah I mean some sediment in a bottle is ok for me but this would be like, an inch lol.
Thanks man, I’ll leave it a while then.

You'll need to leave it at least a week and you will need to add more sugar to prime as most of what you've added will be fermented. just do it in a secondary or in the bottle this time.

You'll need to leave it at least a week and you will need to add more sugar to prime as most of what you've added will be fermented. just do it in a secondary or in the bottle this time.
Yeah I’m just gonna do bottle next time like I usually do lol. Really don’t know why I thought this way was a good idea.

Back