Stock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Making chicken stock for noodles Wagamama style
64D60F60-3746-47D2-ABAE-65508C60705F.jpeg
6D60BD9A-2AE1-492D-A629-D23897BA0FD7.jpeg

I keep all my chicken bones and rib bones from pork belly (bacon making) stick them in the freezer and when I have enough, boil for an hour with some veg and you have a hearty stock for soups and gravies. Must say I dont make veg stock...its easier to use knorr stock pots. In fact I used 2 tonite

Last edited:
We don't eat meat but there is always a jug of veg stock in the fridge. All the cooking liquids go into it then it gets reduced down, enriched with seaweed etc.

ALso, when the supermarlkets do the half price whole salmon at Xmas/Easter, get one of those, boil up the bits after filleting it, fantastic fish stock for bouillabaisse and paella.

There are few things in life as satisfying as making a good stock - be it purely as the base of a fine sauce or eeking out the last goodness of the Sunday roast for a Monday soup.

When I worked in kitchens as a lad, I loved roasting kilos of veal bones to end up with an ice cream tub of dark brown gold to use in the sauces.

Last edited:
Back