Storing hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
Okay so I have some hop pellets, more than I need for now but I expect them to be used within 2 to 3 months at the most over several batches.
I don't have a vacuum packer and not sure about freezing because I will need to thaw to use them over several occasions which is never a good idea?
So for the short term if I ziplock and keep them in the fridge, are they going to degrade much?

You need to freeze them. Don't worry about getting them out and taking what you need as they don't freeze together in a hard lump...you can just crumble off what you want through the packet. Then reseal and put back in the freezer. I tape the packet shut. All mine seem fine.

You need to freeze them. Don't worry about getting them out and taking what you need as they don't freeze together in a hard lump...you can just crumble off what you want through the packet. Then reseal and put back in the freezer. I tape the packet shut. All mine seem fine.
Thanks Clint, that is what I shall do then :)

Latest posts

Back