Storm Bella.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was hoping we would have a mild winter as we haven't much in the way of cold weather so far we now have this. :mad:

We don't have snow tyres on the wagon. :laugh8:

1608992993441.png

The Met Office has issued a snow and ice warning for the region.

It says an area of rain, sleet and snow will move south from Scotland from around 6pm tomorrow and last until 10am on Monday.

It says it has the potential for icy surfaces and some travel disruption, as some roads and railways are likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services.

It warns people to take care outdoors as there will probably be icy patches on untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths.

Yellow weather warnings for wind and rain remain in force for today and tomorrow as Storm Bella begins to roll in.

The Met Office says heavy rain combined with strong winds may lead to some disruption and flooding in places.

Storm Bella is due to bring gusts of up to 80mph and heavy rain to the UK on Saturday, forecasters have warned.

The Met Office has issued warnings for wind and rain in parts of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and southern Scotland, with coastal areas expected to be impacted the most.

It said 15-25mm of rain is likely to fall in Wales and south-west England, with up to 40-60mm over some hills.

It comes after evacuation centres were set up amid flooding in Bedfordshire.

Residents in 1,300 homes by the River Great Ouse were advised to move out following high water levels on Christmas Day and a "severe" flood warning is in place.

The Met Office's amber weather warning for parts of Wales and southern England says travel could be disrupted from Saturday night through to Sunday morning.

It also warned that flying debris could cause injury or be a risk to life, and buildings could be damaged in the storm.

Senior meteorologist for DTN Helen Rossington said the north-west of the UK "will bear the brunt" of the heavy rain and strong winds, with gusts of 50 to 60mph.

This could be up to 70mph around some of the islands of western Scotland and the north-west coast of Northern Ireland, she said.

Overnight, gusts could reach up to 80mph for the most exposed coastal areas in the southern parts of England and Wales, she said, with gusts of 45 to 55mph further inland.

"Such gusts are high enough to cause some structural damage, and perhaps bring some trees or branches down, as well as potentially affecting power supplies," Ms Rossington said.

The highest rain totals will be across western Scotland, where 40-70mm could fall, she added.

Gale weather warnings for UK as Storm Bella moves in - BBC News

the highest rain totals will be across western Scotland, where 40-70mm could fall, she added
typical. it's been minging all day and is set to worsen, then. sufficient supplies of beers and SJW are stocked. so let the rain lash the windows. they could do with a clean.

Its hammering down here and the fields cannot take much more, i am glad i am not travelling anywhere tomorrow.

Yellow alert here all day with high winds,though bitterly cold and dry till lunch but been continuously raining since with that constant mizzle.Big fire 🔥 needed now back from in-laws for Boxing Day dinner and beer....

I still like Metcheck:

https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/no...e=carlisle&locationID=57722&lat=54.9&lon=-2.9https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/now_and_next.asp?zipcode=CA10&locationID=58475&lat=54.6&lon=-2.7https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/no...=lancaster&locationID=57255&lat=54.1&lon=-2.8
I bet the bridge at Radwell (Beds) is closed, were it not T4 re the virus, I'd go and gawk at it:

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.204...4!1srOM4-GJ0lgeIwc1zy698wg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Years ago, I rode a motorbike along the raised footway on the other side of the bridge. That was fun! Not much room, need to go along near the edge, or the handlebars foul the railing.

Well, the wind has arrived. Nothing to hardcore for round here (we get a lot of wind) but we are getting 50mph gusts, which is giving the Christmas decorations outside a bit of a battering.

Well storm Bella was a bit of a let down but to be honest i am glad the met office got it wrong here, i am hoping they have also got tomorrows wrong.

Snow arriving from the north later Wednesday, moving south through Thursday morning may lead to some travel disruption.
What to expect
  • Some roads and railways likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services
  • Some higher routes across Scotland and northwest England may briefly become impassable early Thursday morning.

ssss.jpg

Very heavy snow in Cheshire today and yesterday. I'd be glad of it gone already.
IMG_20201229_091327.jpg

Metcheck tells me that my MK postcode tomorrow will be chilly but dry - no precipitation. New Year's Eve may have ¼" (0.00635m) snow. CA10, on the other hand, is supposes will be freezing and have the about ¼" (0.00635m) of snow tomorrow, but 3" (0.0762m) and below freezing on New Year's Eve.

Back