Storm Eunice - Red Warning.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A rare red weather warning - the highest level - has been issued for parts of south-west England and south Wales on Friday, meaning there is a danger to life from flying debris.
The Met Office warned Storm Eunice could bring gusts of up to 90mph, causing significant disruption.
Damage to homes, cancelled trains and power cuts are also likely. Many schools are closing as a precaution.
The red warning is in place from 07:00 GMT until 12:00 GMT on Friday.
It covers the coastline of Devon, Cornwall and Somerset, as well as the south coast of Wales.
A lower amber warning for wind remains in place for the rest of Wales and most of England as far north as Manchester, from 05:00 until 21:00 on Friday.
All train services in Wales have been suspended on Friday, while rail companies are urging other customers not to travel due to expected disruption.

Full article - Storm Eunice: Rare red weather warning issued for parts of the UK

1645116998253.png

Spent the afternoon after work battening down the hatches. I'm in the red zone, you wouldnt think it's possible that a big storm is coming, not a breath of wind outside. I suppose that's where the 'calm before the storm's gets its name!

Just outside the red zone but I decided not to take the risk so tied down the trampoline.

All schools are closed so home with the kids tomorrow

Took the bed/mat and net off the kid's trampoline yesterday. We're at the edge of the red zone. Hope it was worth the effort.

Over 55000 houses have lost power in the South West of Ireland.

Bit of wet snow in Glasgow, otherwise nothing doing. Looks like it'll be another couple of hours before it sweeps through southern England

SmartSelect_20220218-101938_Windy.jpg

40 minutes after arrival here on the Belgian Coast, 4 glass panes of my greenhouse were blown out :-(

Our main road A590 is closed due to an overturned wagon it's made getting to the next town to buy tonight's beers and snacks a right pain in the **** but we have made it.
(nothing comes between me and my Old Peculier on a Friday night) :laugh8:

Getting home may take a while as all the narrow side roads are moving slow due to all the extra traffic

Last edited:
I got off lightly. One ridge tile blown off the roof. The whole roof was done 18 months ago & the ridge tiles appear to be clipped on rather than cemented down.
It's sat 1/2 way down the roof. Hope it stays there as risk it could come off & through velux window below.

Back