Storm Eunice - Red Warning.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got off lightly. One ridge tile blown off the roof. The whole roof was done 18 months ago & the ridge tiles appear to be clipped on rather than cemented down.
It's sat 1/2 way down the roof. Hope it stays there as risk it could come off & through velux window below.
Hi Jof get yer ladder out only joking i hope it stays there for you athumb..

Hi Jof I am not 100% sure but I think building regs nowadays only ask for a portion of tiles to be even nailed/fastened, I think it is about 1 third of the roof from the top then the rest of the tiles just slot in and do not have to be fastened.
One of the members will be able to answer this better than me

Our main road A590 is closed due to an overturned wagon it's made getting to the next town to buy tonight's beers and snacks a right pain in the **** but we have made it.
(nothing comes between me and my Old Peculier on a Friday night) :laugh8:
Getting home may take a while as all the narrow side roads are moving slow due to all the extra traffic

A Picture of the HGV that blocked the road earlier -

1645208703638.png

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/19936623.eunice-generation-act-god-storm-causes-havoc/#gallery0

Barrow raiders will be needing a new roof for the next game most of the current one is now in Burger King car park -

1645209048571.png

1645208818245.png

1645208984759.png

I got off lightly. One ridge tile blown off the roof. The whole roof was done 18 months ago & the ridge tiles appear to be clipped on rather than cemented down.
It's sat 1/2 way down the roof. Hope it stays there as risk it could come off & through velux window below.
Yes, we have lost a ridge tile too. it actually came down and smashed on the floor a few yards from the car. I’m hoping that like for like replacements are still available and I don’t have to replace the lot!

Latest posts

Back