Strange Keezer Issue

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

After a few months of using my keezer, I've noticed that one tap foams up notably worse than the other three. It's not unusable, but it's very irritating in that I can get 3 taps to pour perfectly and one looks like it's been poured by someone that has no idea how to pour a pint.

I'm serving at the same pressure over the 4 kegs, and I've tried lots of line, and not so much line, and the issue persists. This keg is pressurised by the first outlet on the manifold, but I'm not sure if that could be the issue? The keg is also the furthest away from the fans, so maybe it's slightly warmer than the others? I'm just guessing at the moment...

All my taps are the same model, and it's clean. I've swapped it for one of the other taps with no difference made.

Do I just abandon tap one for beer and use it for cider or seltzer or something where foam isn't as much of an issue?

This is a little odd, could it be a problem in the keg (have you had different kegs of beer go though that line)
Is one of the fittings perhaps letting some gas into the system, are the lines all cut flush and not at a slight angle (this could affect how it seats it the fitting.
Can you measure the temp of the beer after it is poured, see if it is any different from the other lines.

It's been the same over two separate kegs, so seems unique to that position.

I redid all the lines when I changed kegs over, but I'll have a look at the weekend to ensure that everything is straight, and I'll check the temperature. It doesn't taste like it's much warmer than the others, but I'll measure it.

Edit; I might swap the gas lines with the keg next to it, see if the issue follows the gas.

Only other thing I can think of would be to try a differnt disconnect on the keg if you haven't already. Maybe there is something going on with that that causes an issue.

Latest posts

Back