Stupid question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
cheers:

There is no such thing as a stupid question we all start with little knowledge and rely on those with more for help if new members didn't ask questions however stupid they thought they were the forum would grind to a halt.
Well what about this for a stupid question, "If you could replace all of the grass in the world with something else, what would it be and why?"

Cheese. I like cheese and it makes a nice squelching feeling as it squidges up between your toes as you're running barefoot through a field of freshly mown camembert.

There is no such thing as a stupid answer we all start with little knowledge and rely on those with more for help . If old codgers didn't offer answers, however stupid they might be the forum would grind to a halt.
Apologies to Chippy_Tea for marmalising his quote.

Last edited:
Well what about this for a stupid question, "If you could replace all of the grass in the world with something else, what would it be and why?"
Trees!

That would help global warming; and at the same time, stop all the idiots that take up many thousands of hectares of grass, in an attempt to emulate their heroes and knock a ball into series of small holes.

The best explanation I’ve ever heard of this so-called “sport” or “game” was that “It ruins a pleasant walk.”
athumb..

Cheese. I like cheese and it makes a nice squelching feeling as it squidges up between your toes as you're running barefoot through a field of freshly mown camembert.
Interesting...... Kentucky would be known as 'The Blue Cheese State'.

Was there a second gunman in Dallas on the 22nd November 1963 by the 'Cheesy Knoll'.

Police informants would be known as 'Cheeses' or a 'SuperCheese'.

Some people would have you believe that leaving dry hops in your brew for an extended period imparts a 'Cheesy' taste.

And I'd like to see someone wrap up a Cheese spliff.

It would need to be replaced with something we could still make beer from (barley, wheat, oats etc. are all grasses). Think of all the poor wine and cider makers on here being inundated with questions from us hitherto beer brewers.
Also an issue for anyone partial to bread, pasta, rice, a bowl of cornflakes. Even a lot of the gluten free alternatives are from grasses. In places that rely on these grasses as staples, we would have to replace the grass with lots of Holland and Barrett shops.

Replacing grass in Africa would require some good alternatives; without the grass, the herd animals like zebra and wildebeest would not have anything to graze on (or majestically sweep through) and without all of them, the lions and other predators would go. The lack of grazing animals would also cause reforestation which would wipe out giraffes and plains elephants.
Over in Asia, Pandas would be knackered too, they’ve gone down an evolutionary blind alley and can only eat bamboo, which is grass.
I’d sign up for @An Ankoù ’s rolling fields of cheese, but share @gyurmaember ’s concerns about what the cows would eat. @Agentgonzo could be on to something with chives but any of the milk will taste of chive, not a bad thing for me personally, cheese and chive is a favourite flavour.
I think you can feed pigs pretty much anything so maybe replace all the grass with pork products, like prosciutto lawns and wild saucisson meadows.

Concrete...and paint it green. It would look the same but would negate the need for lawn mowers. Therefore I wouldn't get woken up by the person mowing grass when I'm working nights.

Unemployed gardeners

Actually a very thought provoking question the likes of Socrates never thought of. Well, they must have but just never wrote it down. Perhaps it was on the missing part of the Rosetta stone.

Then the quantocks would be called the buttocks and you could always park your bike in a crack. It would be hilly and windy tho and im not sure of the smell. Oh, you meant GRass :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back