Sugar cubes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never used cubes, but to give some sort of answer, would need to know the weight of the cube, the highest temperature of the fermentation and the desired level of carbonation for the style of beer.
As a rough guide though, at a peak fermentation temp of 20C with a desired carbonation of 2.4 volumes of CO2 and assuming it is table sugar, then 3 grams would be recommended by Brewfather software.

I have never used cubes, but to give some sort of answer, would need to know the weight of the cube, the highest temperature of the fermentation and the desired level of carbonation for the style of beer.
As a rough guide though, at a peak fermentation temp of 20C with a desired carbonation of 2.4 volumes of CO2 and assuming it is table sugar, then 3 grams would be recommended by Brewfather software.
Each sugar cube is 4 grams it's at 22 degrees at the moment

According to Brewfather that would give you 2.8 volumes of CO2, which is the top end for an American IPA, so if that is the style you are going for then give it a go, if you want a Traditional English Bitter then that would be way too high (for my taste)

According to Brewfather that would give you 2.8 volumes of CO2, which is the top end for an American IPA, so if that is the style you are going for then give it a go, if you want a Traditional English Bitter then that would be way too high (for my taste)
It's mangrove jack's American pale ale

Latest posts

Back