Suggest a brew for these simple hops and malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
Going to use these up before i put my next order in for 5 or 6 brews, the recipes already planned.

I was thinking of a Talus Pale ale( ordered a load after being inspired on another thread) , but may wait until i get some pilsner or extra pale. as the munich and MO might be too much.

so I am thinking save the talus and Munich and do a citra smash with the MO but still undecided so interested in any ideas, Possibly using everything and some sugar to balance out the malt.

happy to make between 15 litres or 20 litres.

to hand

4kg Maris Otter
500G Munich type 1

100g Citra
226 Talus

US05x1
Verdant x2

A Citra SMaSH would get you to 4.6% or based on 20l
20g citra in the boil would get 33 IBU.
40g late boil/ aroma would take care of the rest

Alternatively, the Munich malt would work in there too, to up the OG a bit and add some malty notes.

US-05 would be fine if you wanted to save the verdant for another day (it's a cracking yeast)

actually have some magnum too so could maybe use that at 60, and save the citra for whirlpool and dry hop and have a 5% citra smash.
or maybe add the Munich, some sugar and oats getting it to 6% and hop with Citra and Talus for something more complex.

Thats much more up my street.

If I had those ingredients, I'd do MO (4kg), Munich(some), and Oats (500g) (sugar might end up too dry).
Magnum at 60. Whirlpool citra/talus, and dry hop citra/talus at up to 5g/l

Water would be nice and soft, with big Chloride level.

Thats much more up my street.

If I had those ingredients, I'd do MO (4kg), Munich(some), and Oats (500g) (sugar might end up too dry).
Magnum at 60. Whirlpool citra/talus, and dry hop citra/talus at up to 5g/l

Water would be nice and soft, with big Chloride level.

NEIPA territory then! i like them Juicy and i dont mind haze but also like a bit of bitterness in there too.

NEIPA territory then! i like them Juicy and i dont mind haze but also like a bit of bitterness in there too.
Haha, I must confess, I'm a NEIPA addict! I'm just planning a Sabro pale, and on reflection, it's actually a Sabro NEIPA.

For more bitterness, I'd tone down the chloride and up the sulphate, and shift the hop timings around for my early additions.
Have fun, and let us know what you end up brewing.

Back