Suggest some hops please.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just bottled a Jester Smash and it's a lovely smell/taste straight out of the FV
I think jesters blackberry would match first gold with its orange marmalade extremely well.
Do it with a ton of crystal to up the sweetness and it would be a lovely fruit crumble style beer

I am a big fan of Azacca. I am in a similar hop quandary as my next brew is planned to be a sort of Hazy, sour, tropical pale type deal which was going to be bigly hopped with Nelson, but now I am in 2 minds whether to do it with Azacca, or Sabro which I also really want to try out.

Just dry hopped a American pale with cascade and Simcoe. I am trying out some of the newer English hop's at the minute. Archer, Godiva, harlequin

I am a big fan of Azacca. I am in a similar hop quandary as my next brew is planned to be a sort of Hazy, sour, tropical pale type deal which was going to be bigly hopped with Nelson, but now I am in 2 minds whether to do it with Azacca, or Sabro which I also really want to try out.
Sabro won't give you sour in my opinion, so if you are looking for that you might be better with the citrus of Azacca

Sabro won't give you sour in my opinion, so if you are looking for that you might be better with the citrus of Azacca

The sour will come from Lallemand Philly Sour yeast as I want to give a sour beer a try, but want neither the hassle of accurately souring it other ways, not the resultant risk of infection hanging around my kit.

The sour will come from Lallemand Philly Sour yeast as I want to give a sour beer a try, but want neither the hassle of accurately souring it other ways, not the resultant risk of infection hanging around my kit.
Gotcha. I still think Sabro will be super tough to balance there, but if you go for it I would love to know how it turns out.

I've just bottled a Jester Smash and it's a lovely smell/taste straight out of the FV
I think jesters blackberry would match first gold with its orange marmalade extremely well.
Do it with a ton of crystal to up the sweetness and it would be a lovely fruit crumble style beer
OOOOOooooo, Nice! Apols to OP I have both hops. Now in the brew queue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, using up- Golden promise and Halcyon🍺

Was this based upon Gash's recipe (homebrew network)? I love Talus and wondered if his recipe was really as good as he made out
yep, and to be honest it was far better than he gave it credit for.Done plenty of west coast ipa's with citra mosaic simcoe etc etc.But talus is a clear winner with friends and family.
Just had 2kg of talus delivered, says it all!!

Attachments

• 2k.JPG
    2k.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 26
yep, and to be honest it was far better than he gave it credit for.Done plenty of west coast ipa's with citra mosaic simcoe etc etc.But talus is a clear winner with friends and family.
Just had 2kg of talus delivered, says it all!!
Was planning a Simcoe Citra & Talus West Coast but might just go all in on this. Enjoy!!

Gotcha. I still think Sabro will be super tough to balance there, but if you go for it I would love to know how it turns out.

I will mate, I think I actually made a thread for it but I will certainly log it in my brewday thread regardless. It is likely to be next up as my brew queue is suddenly empty with 2 batches almost ready for packaging...... The initial idea for Nelson was a combination of really enjoying an Overtone Nelson single hop, and vaguely thinking that apparent white wine type grape flavours would go well with sourness, so perhaps I should go with the gut here and scratch the Sabro itch at a later date.

I will mate, I think I actually made a thread for it but I will certainly log it in my brewday thread regardless. It is likely to be next up as my brew queue is suddenly empty with 2 batches almost ready for packaging...... The initial idea for Nelson was a combination of really enjoying an Overtone Nelson single hop, and vaguely thinking that apparent white wine type grape flavours would go well with sourness, so perhaps I should go with the gut here and scratch the Sabro itch at a later date.
Will check out your brewday thread. Liking the sound of the Nelson - I think the Azacca could have a place in this brew. Apologies to the OP for derailing

You could go a blend of Cascade and Amarillo. Cascade blends well with lots of hops including Nelson Sauvin, Motueka and even Hallertaur.

Galaxy is nice late in the boil or dry hopped.

23ltr batch
4.6kg pilsner
1kg munich 1
150g carapils

10g galaxy 15% @60 mins
110g talus 9.2%whirlpool 98c for 20 mins
140g talus dry hop
us 05
edit mash 67c for 60 mins

would using extra pale instead of Pilsner and about 500g caramalt instead of 1kg Munich make much of a difference do you think?

also whirlpool, should that be 78c?

Latest posts

Back