Suggest some hops please.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Reaction score
I've just bottled a Jester Smash and it's a lovely smell/taste straight out of the FV
I think jesters blackberry would match first gold with its orange marmalade extremely well.
Do it with a ton of crystal to up the sweetness and it would be a lovely fruit crumble style beer

That sounds like a decent shout that, what would you reckon going up to with the crystal % wise? 15%?

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
So I think I’ve decided on chinook and cascade flavour hops and magnum for bittering. What helped me decide is I that Ive just read hat’s it’s in Brixton pale ale, which I had a couple of very nice pints at Gatwick recently.

Also defo gonna have a go at that talus one soon.

Reaction score
Wanting to brew this weekend and have 225g of Talus which I was going to use but read some mixed reviews about using Talus on its own. Anyone suggest something to pair it with?

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
Two of us brought a talus Ipa at a brew club meet earlier in the month. Everyone picked up a coconut oil flavour from both which was odd could have been a dodgy batch maybe as we got them from same place. Or might just be talus. Not sure!

Reaction score
Yeah, I was all on for it but then read similar things. Seems to be very mixed reviews. I have some Amarillo and some Elderado in stock which I think would pair well but open to any other ideas

Latest posts