Suggestions for a simple re-circulation with PID control

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
I want to fit a re-circulation pump to my BIAB system and have been researching the best way to go about this but still at a bit of a loss. Not with pump and hoses buit with the best way to control it?
I guess I could just keep monitoring the probe thermometer I put in at the top and switch the heat on and off manually, or I could get some sort of PID or similar so looking for suggestions on a cost effective way of achieving this.
Also as there is often a temperature difference between top and bottom I was wondering the best place to install a thermowell? I have seen them actually in the recirculation line which seemed a good idea?

Hi @Galena . How are you heating your mash at the moment?
I use a Klarstein Fullhorn which has 1500w, 900w and 2500w options, during the mash I use the 900w option and recirculate by hand with a jug. I have been looking at getting an Inkbird IPB-16S to control the Klarstein heater on 900w with a re circulation pump but it seems difficult to impossible to get the @Inkbird in the UK

Just a thought. I’d try just installing a recirculating pump first to see if you really need an additional temperature controller. You might find getting a steady flow through your mash will even out any temperature differences.

Just a thought. I’d try just installing a recirculating pump first to see if you really need an additional temperature controller. You might find getting a steady flow through your mash will even out any temperature differences.
Yes, good point and I may well try that first. Cheers

Latest posts

Back