Suggestions please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liz

Reaction score
I have got 2 x 250 grams bottles white grape concentrate ( old but still in date) that I would like to use up. Suggestions or recipes please for something medium sweet. Thanks

I think you can chuck that into any white or country wine recipe to give it a bit more body. I put two of those in a batch of about 12 litres of elderflower wine back in June. Bottled it a couple of weeks ago, obviously had a little tester to make sure that I wasn't wasting my time bottling rubbish, and it tasted fine. I’m not very technical though, I do have a tendency to throw in a bit of whatever’s lying around so there’s an element of pot luck!

I have found a recipe which calls for 1 kg raisins are you suggesting use the concentrate as well as raisins or as a substitute for raisins?

Hi
Sounds like a opportunity for a gallon of pyment? A mead with grape/wine influence. Yum!
Although raisin sherry is very tempting.....
Add 2x720g hilltop honey from Tesco to your concentrate in a demijohn then throw in zest/juice of a lemon and a handful of hot rinsed raisins (to get rid of oils and preservatives). Make up to the gallon mark and throw in your yeast (Lalvin D47 or Mangrove M05) and leave until it's done. (simplified-usual brewing rules apply)
Delicious!
Will probably hit 14% and taste soo good. But I'm a mead man and totally biased!
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
T

Hi
Sounds like a opportunity for a gallon of pyment? A mead with grape/wine influence. Yum!
Although raisin sherry is very tempting.....
Add 2x720g hilltop honey from Tesco to your concentrate in a demijohn then throw in zest/juice of a lemon and a handful of hot rinsed raisins (to get rid of oils and preservatives). Make up to the gallon mark and throw in your yeast (Lalvin D47 or Mangrove M05) and leave until it's done. (simplified-usual brewing rules apply)
Delicious!
Will probably hit 14% and taste soo good. But I'm a mead man and totally biased!
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
T
Now, that is an interesting thought because I have bees and although have no honey left from this years crop I will be very tempted to try it next year. Thank for that very interesting suggestion.

Now, that is an interesting thought because I have bees and although have no honey left from this years crop I will be very tempted to try it next year. Thank for that very interesting suggestion.
I had crabs once.
Next door kept rabbits.

I made a recipe for my family. But in my cooking, I use Winter thyme as a substitute for Thyme. And my family appreciated my recipes. Have I selected the best replacement for my cooking?

Latest posts

Back