Suggestions?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Right, I've got :

2 cans Wilkos Velvet Stout
1 x Coopers Wheat 1.5 (liquid malt only)
600g frozen blackberries
Loads of Crushed, Chocolate,Wheat,Flaked Barley and Crystal
Black Treacle

Any suggestions, not rude ones thank you very much,on what I can make using the above? Looking for something around 5/5.5%.

Cheers all

Last edited:
Make Blackberry Brandy with the blackberries - defrost, put them in a Kilner jar with 300g sugar, top up with brandy, fasten lid and shake the bejeezus out of it until the sugar dissolves. Keep it in the dark for 3 months, shaking once a week. It makes a most delicious liqueur.
There are lots of posts on t'interweb suggesting doing a toucan with this kit - try both kits with a liquor from steeped crystal and chocolate grains, chuck in your LME and half the treacle (or the whole tin, if you like the taste). Check OG and add dextrose to get it higher if that's what you want. The wheat LME isn't usually used in stouts, but what the hell! Use both yeast sachets and brew to the full 23 litres.
I've used treacle in brews and found that you need patience - it needs time to mellow out.

Back