Summer Brew and Swap - British Golden Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m either brewing the Golden Ale or a Hefeweizen On Saturday, It’ll depend on which yeast needs used first.

I’ve pretty much settled on the Golden Ale recipe I going to brew.
50% Pale malt, 35% Marris Otter, 15% Wheat Malt. Total of 35IBU of First Gold at various points during the boil, Wyeast 1318 London Ale III. Shooting for an OG of around 1.040.

Sadly I might have to sit this one out :( . My brew schedule has become very packed, but hope it all goes well and I'd definitely be up for the next one!

I’ve just this evening thrown together a golden ale. If it’s any good I’ll enter a bottle please. If its no good I’ll brew one in time for august.

It’s American hops, but the style guidelines say this is ok?

Golden ale is nearing FG. Going to bottle some for this swap and Great British Beer festival homebrew comp
Screenshot_20220622-144145.jpg

My golden ale has come out at 5.3%, a bit stronger than I prefer for this style, so I haven’t bottled any for this competition. This was a bit of a rush job with Kveik anyway.

I do however have the ingredients to make this again, so I’ll tone down the ABV a touch and brew it so I’m still in for the swap 👍🏻

I just got my golden ale on. A week later than planned, Amazon messing up the delivery again.
Looking forward to this.

Mine has just gone in the fermentor, waiting for it to cool a bit more before pitching the yeast.

Ended up a bit lower than anticipated but should be just about OK.

C7BD4DB3-60E5-45A9-A20E-4F85F39A6D2B.jpeg

Tried a 30 minute boil for the first time as well 🤞

Back