Summer Fruits Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nev166

Reaction score
Just started a summer fruits cider.

Making 5L

3L Apple Juice
1L Cranberry Juice
400g frozen summer fruit mix
80g Sugar dissolved in 100ml water
1tsp Pectolase
1tsp Nutrient
1tsp Gervin Cider Yeast

OG 1.042

Will let you know how it goes!

Attachments

• 9A40ECA5-015C-4DF6-8BB9-24E1063D0A48.jpeg
    9A40ECA5-015C-4DF6-8BB9-24E1063D0A48.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 234
  • B8541CB6-97DD-43E8-B834-F9667014439C.jpeg
    B8541CB6-97DD-43E8-B834-F9667014439C.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 151
Racked off today into fresh DJ
Added about 1/2 L of Apple Juice to top up
Took a hydrometer reading of 1.02

It’s bubbling slightly so will come down further. Although currently 5.25%

Will leave for a week to finish, then add finings and bottle

Yes it’s done. Bottled it on the 1st.
Half is fizzy so carbing and the other flat.

Tastes nice and cider like with a hint of fruit. Could probably be more fruity but for a first attempt I’m happy.
Just waiting to see how it tastes fizzy 👌🏻

Nice one. Would you put more summer fruit mix in secondary if you were trying again then?

I'm two days into a Summer Fruits Cider which I intend to carbonate too. What kind/size of bottles are you using to carb? I've bought some Sainsburys plastic 500ml sparkling water bottles to use, but would like to get glass bottles so that it looks more professional when gifting to friends and family.

It’s currently carbing in some tonic water bottles.
I have just bought 15 swing top bottles from brew2bottle as they were excellent price.

I’d probably find a litre of dark fruits juice to add to the next batch instead of the cranberry

It’s currently carbing in some tonic water bottles.
I have just bought 15 swing top bottles from brew2bottle as they were excellent price.

I’d probably find a litre of dark fruits juice to add to the next batch instead of the cranberry
Go to the frozen fruit section in your local supermarket and pick up 3 bags as they usually come in 400g bags, into a pot with about 500ml of water and let them heat up but not boil.
Give them a good mashing bringing them to a puree and add 300g of sugar,, cool and strain to a demijohn and top up with apple juice, a strong mug of tea, pectolase and yeast. This will give a dep red hew and a nice fruity flavour..

I find it difficult locating beer sold in swing top bottles these days. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.....
Lidl is the only one I see now and again with an Italian brand of golden ale and an Amber one.

@Hanglow posted a link in a thread a few days back Shop bought beer in a Swing top bottle with a link to a German online company that did creates of beer (some with swing-tops) at very good prices. They worked out at a couple of quid even after carriage.

Hope that helps.

Go to the frozen fruit section in your local supermarket and pick up 3 bags as they usually come in 400g bags, into a pot with about 500ml of water and let them heat up but not boil.
Give them a good mashing bringing them to a puree and add 300g of sugar,, cool and strain to a demijohn and top up with apple juice, a strong mug of tea, pectolase and yeast. This will give a dep red hew and a nice fruity flavour..
I brewed a 4.5l batch of this using two 500g bags of frozen Black Forest Fruits from ASDA - SG 1.056, FG 0.999 = 7.5% ABV approx. Backsweetened with 100g Truvia Stevia in 300ml tepid water to dissolve.

2 weeks after priming (1 tsp per bottle) and bottling, I put one into the fridge on Saturday morning and opened it late afternoon - good level of fizz, and.....absolutely delicious! Seal of approval given by the wife and brother in law. I'll be making this again!

Thanks Gerryjo!

I brewed a 4.5l batch of this using two 500g bags of frozen Black Forest Fruits from ASDA - SG 1.056, FG 0.999 = 7.5% ABV approx. Backsweetened with 100g Truvia Stevia in 300ml tepid water to dissolve.

2 weeks after priming (1 tsp per bottle) and bottling, I put one into the fridge on Saturday morning and opened it late afternoon - good level of fizz, and.....absolutely delicious! Seal of approval given by the wife and brother in law. I'll be making this again!

Thanks Gerryjo!
You're welcome and glad to see you and your family are enjoying the fruits of your hard labour 😜

Latest posts

Back