Finally managed to get my brew on! As it's such a lovely day, I decided to get sunburned while I was at it. I went for the summer lightning clone from The Homebrew Shop. This time, things went well! I squeezed the bag and added a touch extra to the sparge, so ended up with a full 28l boil. I actually had more like 30l, and had to add the last bit after I'd had some boil off. I messed about with the hop schedule a bit. My last brew didn't have the hop aroma I was hoping for, so I added two thirds of the aroma hops at 45min as per instructions, and whirlpooled the rest. To compensate for the potential loss of bittering, I added the bittering hops at first wort. I also tried my hand at some basic water chemistry. 0.2g of gypsum per litre, and got the alkalinity down to 30-35ppm as per @StrangeSteve excellent instructions. @Spapro trub/hop filter also got it's first outing, and definitely caught the worst of it (thanks again!). As my last brew had a bit of an off flavour, my FV got a proper clean out with bleach, and very thorough rinse, before sterilising. The only silly mistake I made was to leave the bittering hops lying around in direct sunlight after putting them in the hop bag. As they were still in pellet form I'm hoping it didn't do too much harm. 22l into the FV, and OG was bang on at 1048.