Sunny Devon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintofmild

Your round !
Reaction score
Greetings from South Devon:hat:I have been brewing for quite a while now, Im using a 100 litre micro system but have a brew length of 73 litres to give it all headroom. What a hobby,,, even a bad brew is a good brew ! I converted the back end of my Garage to house it all, all painted out floor an all, I have 5 plastic barrels and four 25 litre cornies, "the brewery" backs out onto the patio so perfect in the Summer.
Mechanic by trade, drunkard by choice (joking).
Brill forum with loads of information and helpful people, I should have joined long ago !

Another Devonshire chap! Welcome to the forum, I've only been here since....december...but I've learnt a fair bit from the guys on here. What part of Devon you from bud? Plymouth here :D

Another Devonshire chap! Welcome to the forum, I've only been here since....december...but I've learnt a fair bit from the guys on here. What part of Devon you from bud? Plymouth here :D

Hi Rickous, Thanks, I'm from just up the road, Newton Abbot, and you are right, I have had this forum bookmarked for months but never got around to joining, there is a wealth of information here, glad I plunged in :thumb:

Ahh happy days, used to be in Torquay until I moved down for uni. Sounds like you've got an awesome set up going on up there. What has been some of your best brews you've done? Only done a few myself so far, and already looking in to perhaps extract or even moving up to all grain at some point....but need to get out of the house share first haha.

Ahh happy days, used to be in Torquay until I moved down for uni. Sounds like you've got an awesome set up going on up there. What has been some of your best brews you've done? Only done a few myself so far, and already looking in to perhaps extract or even moving up to all grain at some point....but need to get out of the house share first haha.

Hi Rickous,
I usually brew either a blonde/lager type or a bitter, they usually come out well tasty, my last brew which is conditioning now is a very dark bitter, darker than I usually brew and the extraction rate was a little higher than the norm so it ended up at around 5.3%, stronger than intended, but even a miscalculation has benefits !
The move up to all grain is the path everybody should take, you dont need expensive fancy equiptment, years ago I used to use basic kitchen pots and pans for a five gallon batch with good results, harder work mind but the results are worth the extra effort.

Back