Superior Seven wine kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.

Has anyone tried the above mentioned kits? I presume they're the retailers own brand? They include oak, elderberries or elderflower depending on which variety of kit it is. Doesn't say how much grape concentrate/compound there is to the kits but it says no extra sugar is required. I'd imaging they'd have the usual 5 ish litres/7 kg though.
Any info on how these turn out would be great

Cheers. Tom

I will most probably order a couple of these in the near future.
I know I asked last year but does anyone have experience of these kits from Spitting Feathers homebrew?

Cheers. Tom

Couldn't find much out about these. Saw a few pictures on Google and the boxes are the same size as Cellar 7, one pic showed a white wine weighing 7kg.
Had an itchy mouse finger all day so have bought some to try. Got a few other kits to do before I'll get to these but I'll report back once I start one

Cheers. Tom

Just bagged this and had a small sample.
A bit acidic, some fruit, touch of oak and decent colour. Slightly thin in the mouth but that's to be expected with the £30-35 kits.
To be fair, that could describe a lot of kits when they've just been bottled.
I've 10 litres of California Connoisseur Valroza followed by 20 litres of Beaverdale Nebbiolo before I get to this but may dip into it in a month or two.
So it's not bad at all really, for my dodgy palate anyway

Cheers Tom

How did the superior 7 kit turn out buddy I got the red rioka to do for a buddy and cant find no info on them any where I did him the beaverdale 4.5l kit and he really like it. But got this superior 7 as it was cheaper. Cheers and thinks

I had the first 5 litre bag in box a while ago. It was literally only a couple of weeks after it had finished. It was quite sharp and fruity. I've still got another 3*5 litre bag in boxes waiting for me once I've polished off the last of a Beaverdale. Will be a week or maybe two before I crack the 2nd bag. I'm expecting the sharpness to have subsided so fingers crossed. Will report back as soon as it's in use

Cheers Tom

Right, time for an update.

Only got half a glass from the last box of the Beaverdale so poured a half of the Superior 7. Initially it still was still a bit sharp (acidic?). However once my taste buds had adjusted the following day it's actually ok. If I'd gone straight from a the likes of a Cellar 7 or my other go to kits, Punch, I don't think I'd have noticed much difference. As said in a previous post, I've still got 3 x 5 litre boxes of this Malbec to get through and I plan on enjoying every last drop. Just as well as I've got a South African Red along with a Shiraz still to make up. They'll have to wait a while though as there are two Cal Con's to drink next. Next kit on (when the second Cal Con has been bagged) is a Make Your Own Red that I promised @Chippy_Tea that I'd report back on.
So overall I'd put the Superior 7 kits firmly in the £35 grouping. I'd happily buy them again but if the On The House are still on offer at £37.80 I'd buy a couple of those instead, can't pass up a bargain 😉

Cheers Tom

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back