Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice is the verdict from Mrs.
She didn't know ingredients but guessed raspberry n lime so must be ok. Think I'll have to make a bigger batch next time as this won't last long.

Very nice is the verdict from Mrs.
She didn't know ingredients but guessed raspberry n lime so must be ok. Think I'll have to make a bigger batch next time as this won't last long.
Hello, did you use any grape juice or just lowitz and apple?
I could not wait for your verdict as got my hands on one of those lowitz cordials but used red grape juice too.

WOWs can taste every bit as good as mid priced supermarket wine,Plus they are quick to make.
There is an almost limitless combination of juices that can be used.

Whats not to like.???

For anyone wanting to make a RED wow and cant get the colour try adding about 1lb of black cherries to the gallon
stoned of course.
This will give a rich red colour to the finished wine.
Works for red kits too.

Only downside is a bit more trub at the first racking.Other than that its a win win.

Last time I made orange wine it made 2 people sick lol. Granted, one of them had already had 4 pints of old Rosie, so possibly not entirely my fault.

Still it’s put me off making it.

Hello, did you use any grape juice or just lowitz and apple?
I could not wait for your verdict as got my hands on one of those lowitz cordials but used red grape juice too.
Sorry about the delayed reply, just used apple juice and lowitz. Only 1 bottle left now, I will be making this again but just to 900g sugar totals as the Mrs is a bit mashed after 1 bottle.🙄

Excuse my ignorance but when degassing how do you know when all the CO2 gas has been dispersed. I have 2 different wines in DJ's that keep popping out their rubber stoppers, a pineapple and exotic fruit one and the other is a RGJ and AJ with mango.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you know when all the CO2 gas has been dispersed. I have 2 different wines in DJ's that keep popping out their rubber stoppers, a pineapple and exotic fruit one and the other is a RGJ and AJ with mango.

I don't use bungs better to leave them under airlock for that reason.

If they are building up that much pressure it sounds like they are still slowly fermenting did you take a reading?

Did you use stabiliser?

When I degas I do it 5 seconds forward 5 seconds reverse for a minute that's all that's needed.

Sorry. Should have added that the OG reading for the pineapple one was 1056. Left it for 11 days and thought it was finished, but clearly not. I didn't take a FG reading.

Never trust the airlock as an indicator fermentation has finished and always use stabiliser after taking hydrometer readings to make sure it has finished (my MYO Red took 14 days this time) i wouldnt bother adding it now if you are not back sweetening but i would put airlocks back on until you know they are finished.

and always use stabiliser after taking hydrometer readings to make sure it has finished

Slight edit - and always use stabiliser after taking hydrometer readings to make sure it has finished unless you intend to leave them a long time before drinking and don't mind then dry.

Does anyone have experience with blackberries? I've seen a lot of them around my area that will be coming good in the next few weeks. I'm thinking of a red juice wine for Xmas and a blackberry and apple turbo cider. Mainly asking for quantities. I'm gonna sanitize and rince before freezing for later use.

Hi, I made some blackberry wine last year,
I did his other method but used a lot of blackberrys for not much product so this year will do this. Well worth a watch.ta

I have put airlocks in both DJ's and they are bubbling every couple of seconds! I poured out a little of the second DJ and it was a yellow sludge. There is a now a space of about an inch and a half from the top of the wine to the top of each DJ.
Should I just leave them to finish fermenting, bearing in mind I made these two identical wines on 10/07/20 and racked them to two clean DJ's on 21/07/20.
I made it using Pineapple Juice, Tropicana Tropical Fruit (Apple, Orange, Pineapple, Passionfruit, and Mango Puree), Apple and Mango Juice, Orange Juice. All 100% fruit.
After 11 days fermenting I racked and topped up with Pineapple Juice and Exotic Juice.
Of course, I now realise that it hadn't finished fermenting.

The only way to know for sure fermentation has finished is by using your hydrometer everything else is guesswork, having said that i wait until i only see a bubble every couple of minutes and call mine done but i never back sweeten with juice even when using stabiliser.

Latest posts

Back