Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Scottyburto

Regular.
Reaction score
I've seen three months recommended, don't know myself, currently working through a few bottles (apple and also some mixed peach/tropical fruit combo). The later is quite nice planning on leaving a bottle for Christmas (racked start of this month) for testing purposes. I don't think (and again, could be wrong) that these wines would stand a year or two.
See Rodders post 5 up. As long as you stabilize and it's kept well I think it's fine. Just might not improve much after a few months.

SPRAGGYY

Reaction score
After 2 previous WOW Successes I’m going to start another 2 DJs,

First one 1.5L apple, 1L RGJ
The second 1L Apple, 1L RGJ & 1L pineapple

I have some spare raisins in the house, has anyone had success adding a handful to the DJ, I’ve read it can add body, cheers!

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Some members have used them but its not something regularly discussed, got to be worth a go though.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I found this in an old thread here -

Sultanas and raisins can help to add vinosity, but they do need to be rinsed in boiling water. When I use them I throw them in in the pan with the sugar and bring the whole lot to the boil to dissolve the sugar. I use about 100g in a 25lt brew. In a white wine they add a degree of golden hue. Which may or may not be wanted for the style you are making. So use with caution.

Scottyburto

Regular.
Reaction score
After 2 previous WOW Successes I’m going to start another 2 DJs,

First one 1.5L apple, 1L RGJ
The second 1L Apple, 1L RGJ & 1L pineapple

I have some spare raisins in the house, has anyone had success adding a handful to the DJ, I’ve read it can add body, cheers!
Personally I like pineapple in a WOW but find 1/2 a litre to be about right. I did a "Lilt" WOW that had pink grapefruit and pineapple juice in that was very popular.