Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Scott, didn't back sweeten, fg was 990 (don't check sg these days) with the gervin yeast. I only used this yeast as it was the only one they had left, I usually use any general purpose wine yeast which works just as well.
Just put another one on using cherry lowitz, but doubled the quantity as it doesn't last long in our house, this time using cml wine yeast and to 900g sugar totals per gallon.
Your household must love dry wines! Was it obviously dry or did the flavours mask the dryness? I like my wines a little sweeter, so might try backsweetening if it is too dry for me. I'll see where it finishes with the D47.

Keep us updated on how the Cherry Lowicz turns out. I'll update on my Raspberry version too.......and oops, just remembered that I used the Raspberry and Lemon Lowicz rather than the Raspberry and Lime version that you used.

It's my wife who drinks it, she didn't comment on it being overly dry but she does drink it with ice so maybe not so noticeable. I usually rack off and stabilise at around1000 for a medium wine but the gervin yeast was very quick and clean. I will have a glass or two of the cherry if it turns out good, but I tend to stick to cider and lager.
Used your raspberry and lemon before and is good too, use in turbo cider too👍

It's my wife who drinks it, she didn't comment on it being overly dry but she does drink it with ice so maybe not so noticeable. I usually rack off and stabilise at around1000 for a medium wine but the gervin yeast was very quick and clean. I will have a glass or two of the cherry if it turns out good, but I tend to stick to cider and lager.
Used your raspberry and lemon before and is good too, use in turbo cider too👍
Please let us know how the cherry turns out :) wasn’t sure when I looked at the cordials but will do if nice

Good afternoon Chippy, well i have to say the hunt for red grape juice is finally at an end as i purchased 2 x 1ltr bottles this morning.
With this in mind now, i have got 1 1/2 litre of apple juice, 1 ltr of cranberry juice and the above. Is all of this combined any good or do i need to make 2 different types now?
I could have a go at the Rose option above with 1.5 ltrs of Apple and 1 ltr ofRGJ , that would then leave a litre of RGJ & a litre of the cranberry, any suggestions for that combo?
Thanks once again

Is there a set amount of litreage that has to be added to the demi johns as reading the numerous recipes the litreage changes from 2.5 up to 4 litres of the juices? How much of a difference would it make? I have 1.5 ltrs of Apple, 1 ltr of cranberry and 2 ltrs of RGJ, can all this be mixed in the same demi john for a nice wine or am i way off the mark here?

One ltr rgj and one ltr cranberry will work fine if your cranberry is 100%juice and not juice DRINK.

I agree with FB above and if its only 50% juice add another.

Definitely give the Rosé a try -

Rosé wine

1 litre Red grape juice.

1.5 litre Apple Juice.

750g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerine. (optional)

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

5051413484562_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

Here's my cherry lowitz update, racked into2 Demi's degassed +stabilised, will add two part finings in a few hours splitting one pack between the two Demi's. Finished it at fg1000 as it was going to be too strong and maybe dry if I left it going any longer. Sg was 1100 which makes this around 13%,although I have topped up each demi with about 200ml water each so probably nearer 12-12.5.
IMG_20200811_151940_9.jpg

Last edited:
I am doing another pineapple apple juice at the moment (probably too hot to brew in this weather...) well after initial dislike and chill haze, the remaining bottles turned out absolutely wonderful light white wine after a month and a half in bottles. Took them round mother in laws to go with roast dinner and crossed my fingers as initially it was very harsh but a little bit of maturing turned it into delightful tipple. Will be making more. Got some 100%pineapple Aldi juice for 59p... plus apple juice for 59p, 3 bag green tea brew 800g sugar and all the usual bits. can not go wrong for that price ;) the grapefruit one however is one wine I can not get myself to drink even as a spritzer. Think it’s going down the drain. Taste is subjective I suppose

I haven't tried a grapefruit version and doubt I will after your comments janulka.
I have done a grapefruit TC (cider) though which is very nice if you add a little sweetener to your fv.

Just bottled my cherry lowitz version, Chrystal clear after 48hrs, 11 full bottles, tastes very nice. Put one straight in fridge for the Mrs when she gets home from work.

IMG_20200813_124311_8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.
I made a WOW about 2 weeks ago, to 900grm of total sugar. After a week i topped the dj up to the shoulder with water.
Now a week further on, fermentation seems to have finished, but i forgot to add another 100 grm sugar.
If i add it now? Will it ferment out (as planned) or leave it very sweet?
Thanks

Bottled my pale white wine experiment... tastes good but will probably be even better in couple of months time
For 10l
500g pale golden raisins - probably more... whatever was in the cupboard
1bottle wilko grape concentrate
2l apple juice
1.5kg sugar
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
6 bag green tea brew (green tea as wanted colour as pale as I can make it)
Pectolase
Yeast and nutrient
Been racked twice (raisins are a bit of a pig when blitzed...)and on since 30th June so cleared lovely in demijohns without much trouble. Similar recipe to that Sauvignon blankish apart from no passionfruit
0A0FC622-5C54-4B50-95AC-38D87964DE57.jpeg

Hi.
I made a WOW about 2 weeks ago, to 900grm of total sugar. After a week i topped the dj up to the shoulder with water.
Now a week further on, fermentation seems to have finished, but i forgot to add another 100 grm sugar.
If i add it now? Will it ferment out (as planned) or leave it very sweet?
Thanks
Either stabilise and add your 100g sugar for a sweeter wine or add 100g sugar and it will carry on fermenting. Or leave as is and drink. Or add sweetener ( non fermentable) and drink now or when clear.
If you add sugar and bottle into pet or glass with crown caps you should end up with a fizzy wine if your yeast is still active, the choice is yours.

Pineapple TC! Recipe please :)
Here goes janulka, upscale the juices if required but here 1 gallon recipe. I usually do a 8ltr batch in a 10ltr fermenting bucket.
1ltr pineapple juice 100%
3.5 ltr AJ 100%
2tbag tannin in 250ml water, 8 sweetener tablets added.
Half TSP pectolase, citric acid(not essential), nutrient.
5g cider yeast.

Latest posts

Back