Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for my first try i went with morrisons 2L of100% fruit juice. 1L of pineapple and 1L of apple (cloudy...probably a mistake) and 1L of welch's 100% purple grape juice. 600g of sugar and up to the gallon mark. took my (first ever) OG reading of 1082 which with hindsight seems a little low. should i bung in some more sugar once it gets going?
I'm a noob with wine but my orange wine must was 1095 at start, that's with 1kg of orange blossom honey and the sugars from the fruit, so based on that recipe I'd say add some more sugars....?

I'm a noob with wine but my orange wine must was 1095 at start, that's with 1kg of orange blossom honey and the sugars from the fruit, so based on that recipe I'd say add some more sugars....?
i may do, thanks. at the moment it's a wee bit volatile ashock1 so after it has calmed some i'll have a look

Turns out the 5 litre water bottles I’ve got are actually great for this volatile element as the extra 500ml airspace allows room for the **** to build up without airlock explosions.

you can buy them in Tesco for like a quid and a bit. Then just drill a hole in and add a grommet.

Turns out the 5 litre water bottles I’ve got are actually great for this volatile element as the extra 500ml airspace allows room for the **** to build up without airlock explosions.

you can buy them in Tesco for like a quid and a bit. Then just drill a hole in and add a grommet.

I'm committed to buying 5 demijohns now for £20 🙄😁

You can buy demijohns online for less than two quid and they already have drilled caps and grommets. Plus you don't have to drink that weak beer called mineral water! They also hold 5 litres.

If you are after glass DJ's check out charity shops, take a picture of one on your phone as a lot of the staff don't know they are called Demijohns, i got as few from the charity shops in town.

As im new at this 'wow' making, i have had some very decent help from Chippy t and others, and im currently on my 4th Dj of the supermarket wine. The latest one thats clearing nicely as we speak is red grape juice, orange juice and prune juice. Yes i now that sounds rank but its not as everyone thinks. The prune juice actually tasted of a treacle kind taste to me and a quick sample its added a very nice flavour to the wine and its ending up a lovely dark purple colour. Looked like the inside of a toilet after a curry once it started to ferment but has turned out great. I'll keep you posted as to the taste and strength once complete. Thanks to everyone for all their advice.

I use the mineral water for pale ale/lager kits and the container for wows. I don't bother with an air lock I just don't screw it too tight. I use the chippyt method of only making it up to 4l then top up after first few days. Not had a foam over yet touch wood!

I use the mineral water for pale ale/lager kits and the container for wows. I don't bother with an air lock I just don't screw it too tight. I use the chippyt method of only making it up to 4l then top up after first few days. Not had a foam over yet touch wood!
Yeah man! Apple juice after 5 days, bosh!

Tesco Apple and mango is pretty good. Just bottled some. (Although embarrassingly one of the bottles has an inch of sediment lol, luckily it was bottle 12)

think my first attempt is done fermenting. a little taste and it's quite bitter which may well be down to me not calculating sugar content correctly.
started an all apple yesterday which i was much more accurate with.

I picked up 1ltr of pomegranate juice from lidl today, couldn't see any grape juice so went to asda.
Couldn't find any there either, even asking staff,
Got home and looking online I realised i was looking in the wrong isle.
So been back for three grape and a summer fruits.

IMG_20201024_183121775.jpg
IMG_20201024_183144817.jpg

The pomegranates have some additives and I'm wondering if these are any good ?

IMG_20201024_182945300.jpg
IMG_20201024_183033995.jpg

I was planning on getting these going today but with running about its time for booze now, will do tomorrow.

Plan is.
1ltr pomegranate
1ltr red grape.
Tsp pectolase.
1/2 tsp yeast nutrient.
Cup of 2 teabag tea.
800g sugar.
Crossmyloof all purpose yeast.
Top up with water later.

Same for another only summer fruits instead of pomegranate.

Do them ingredients sound ok and is the pomegranate juice acceptable ?
Cheers. It'll be my first supermarket wine.

Latest posts

Back