Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a glass of that summer fruits wine last night and not impressed.
Consistency is thick like port and tastes almost cough syrupy.
:(
Not sure whether to keep the other 5 bottles until next winter to see if there's an improvement or bin it.

Probably the former.
please, the former.

So M and S do a litre bottle of apple (80%) raspberry (10%) and rhubarb (10%).

My next plan is 2.5 litres of this and the usual extras per gallon.

I was considering adding 500ml extra of apple juice but I’m concerned that it will start to lose the other flavours.

What do we think?

Also grape juice is not really an option.

I would go with 2 litres of the apple (80%) raspberry (10%) and rhubarb (10%).

1 litre apple juice (or Red grape juice if you can find it)

White grape juice is hard to find but all the big supermarkets round here sell red grape juice.

I would go with 2 litres of the apple (80%) raspberry (10%) and rhubarb (10%).

1 litre apple juice (or Red grape juice if you can find it)

White grape juice is hard to find but all the big supermarkets round here sell red grape juice.
Sweet thanks man

Sweet thanks man

DOH i had a bit of a senior moment there, as the juice is apple (80%) raspberry (10%) and rhubarb (10%) i would use 3 litres of it instead of adding a litre of 100% apple juice i still stand by using red grape juice if you can get it in my post above.

DOH i had a bit of a senior moment there, as the juice is apple (80%) raspberry (10%) and rhubarb (10%) i would use 3 litres of it instead of adding a litre of 100% apple juice i still stand by using red grape juice if you can get it in my post above.
Your OK, it only took 2 1/2 hours to catch on but you got there clapa

Lol ok so you reckon 3 litres juice overall. I mean it sounds wierd but I just didn’t want it to be like too fruity, does that make sense? I made one the other day that was really nice and like tropical but it was heavy on the fruity flavours.

I’m probably thinking bout this too much anyway. It’s not like it’s a lot of effort or anything, it’s a fruit juice wine innit lol

Tried a glass of that summer fruits wine last night and not impressed.
Consistency is thick like port and tastes almost cough syrupy.
:(
Not sure whether to keep the other 5 bottles until next winter to see if there's an improvement or bin it.

Probably the former.

Had a few Cooper's lagers tonight and thought I'd try one of my first supermarket wines from early December, but apprehensive after the summer fruits.
I was impressed, especially considering about 50p a bottle.
Very dry but with a little sugar added to back sweeten , hey presto.
The mrs wasn't impressed after a sip and pulled a face like a bulldog licking pìss off a thistle whilst proclaiming I'd lost my sense of taste, but hey ho, she doesn't like red wine, doesn't have to drink it, and more for me :D

Drinking a bottle of forum rose', it's very slightly fizzy an very nice.
I guess the slight fizz is from an unfinished ferment and the last of the bottle has become cloudy from a slight sediment.
It fermented down to 994 and i campdened it before bottling. Anyone else experienced this?

Last year I made lapsang Souchong mead (don’t, seriously) which for some reason fermented more in the bottles slightly and gave it a fizz.

It did absolutely nothing to improve the flavour.

My dad also made sloe wine many moons ago which had a slight fizz on opening and was delightful.

Drinking a bottle of forum rose', it's very slightly fizzy an very nice.
I guess the slight fizz is from an unfinished ferment and the last of the bottle has become cloudy from a slight sediment.
It fermented down to 994 and i campdened it before bottling. Anyone else experienced this?

Camden doesn't kill any yeast that is left I have had them ferment slowly in the bottles when I have finished them too early but I have never had bottle bombs.

Finally got some grape juice, so I’ve gone for one suggested on here,
Litre of apple juice
Litre of pineapple juice
Litre of grape juice

(2 gallons of course)

Is it usually quite dark at the beginning? Considering it supposedly makes a rosé?

If you are using red grape juice it does start out dark red.

Have you split 3 litres of juice into two DJ'S or have you used 3 in each?

1610884675604.png

Latest posts

Back