Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first WOW
Aldi didn't have any grape juice so:

1 ltr Apple Juice
1 ltr Pineapple Juice
about 1/4 pint Grape Juice concentrate (leftovers)
1kg sugar dissolved in 1ltr water
1 tsp Pectolase
1 tsp Yeast Nutrient
1 heaped tsp Young's super yeast
1 T-bag in 1/2 cup water

Fingers crossed....

I am not a fan of Pineapple so have never used it but many members have and have posted good reviews, keep us posted.

ermm...possibly didn't need the WGJ....or the 'super yeast'.....or the Nutrient :laugh8: it's been going ballistic for a week, still waiting to top it above the shoulder!

That's gonna be a strong wow Wynott, I add 700g sugar and no grape juice. Comes out nice.

Finally got it all in the DJ, very pineapple aroma. Not sure it will suit, but can always use it to fire up the lawnmower! Thankfully other brews behaving much more responsibly.

Yes, that's right. It was a very fast ferment. I've started off a Mixed Berry now, initially with less sugar (1lb) which seems more promising.

I think Pineapple is similar to Marmite in that you either love it or hate it, i fall into the second category.

15560467318261543815821.jpg
Hi folks, I'm aiming to get one of these on the go tomorrow, if I understand it right I can just go ahead with the juices I've purchased which are: rgj (Sainsbury's not from concentrate )100% juice(pasturised)
Apple juice 100% from concentrate('naturis' from lidl)
The other bits and bobs I think ive got, do I work the sugar according to the content in the juices? Ta

Yes add up all the sugar in the juices and subtract it from 1100g this will give you the amount of table sugar you need to add for 13%

Cheers chippy, I'll probs go a little weaker so work it from maybe 850/900g? Excited!

Just to give some feedback on the 2L AJ + 1L pineapple. Been in the bottle a couple of months, got one out over Easter for the mother in law (who makes her own wine so is up for trying home brew). She loved it; her and the better half sank two bottles. It doesn't taste at all pineappley to me, much more like a white wine. I'll do it again for sure as it's one that doesn't need grape juice that isn't always in my local supermarkets.

Many members have tried using juice without grape juice and have posted good reviews I have always used grape juice and when white grape juice vanished I switched to red which most supermarkets still sell.

My view is it isn't i stopped using it years ago and we never really noticed, when you get used to the taste you could try making one with citric to see if you think its better.

Ive just put this together ,ive made a 10ltr batch in a 15ltr fv.
3 ltr apple juice(lidl)
2 ltr rgj (sainsburys)
1 tsp pectolase
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp citric acid
1 tsp glycerine
1+quart tsp wilko wine yeast compound
1045grams sugar
1 strong cup tea
Og 1067
Will the one tea be enough or should I put another one in before fermentation starts, literally just finished @ 18 35. Thanks

I would add a cup of boiling tea (it'll sterilise the mug ) and another teaspoon of glycerine we stopped using glycerine for the same reason we stopped using citric acid ages ago when we didn't have any and made the wine we didn't notice the difference.

Thanks @Chippy_Tea ,all done now,I have to cook the tea on a Wednesday so I'd better get cracking on that now before the wife gets in!..still you've got to get your priorities right! Thanks again.

Back