Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will end up tasting like wine.
Years ago wine buffs folk looked down upon country wines as not having been made by the grape
Just keep the abv between 10-14% and all will be fine
Yes it tasted good earlier on but has lost the coconut now. Was a long time fermenting. 2 1/2 weeks. Tried to stop it a bit early but it wasn’t having any of it. Just waiting for it to clear now

Yes it tasted good earlier on but has lost the coconut now. Was a long time fermenting. 2 1/2 weeks. Tried to stop it a bit early but it wasn’t having any of it. Just waiting for it to clear now

I noticed that in your original Post you said you had used Innocent Coconut water along with Pineapple Juice; and wondered how much it would taste of Pineapple.

Personally, I think that may be why the coconut flavour has disappeared, so I have to ask "Why did you use the pineapple juice if you wanted something to taste of coconut?" and "Does the brew taste of pineapple?"

Ditto. It was an experiment to see if I could make a Pina Colada flavoured wine. It has the pineapple taste but lost the coconut. I could add some more coconut now it is stopped but I think I will leave it a few weeks

Ditto. It was an experiment to see if I could make a Pina Colada flavoured wine. It has the pineapple taste but lost the coconut. I could add some more coconut now it is stopped but I think I will leave it a few weeks

Usually, adding anything after fermentation will kick it off again if it has any fermentables in it, but Tesco sell a wide variety of coconut flavoured stuff that MAY be suitable.

In the long term, you could use desiccated coconut in the fermentation or as Spring approaches apparently Gorse Flowers can be used to give a flavour of coconut to some people. Check out this Thread

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/gorse-flower-wine.11718/

Enjoy.

I've been making a couple of gallon wine kits until my leg heals enough to cope with a full brew day, also did a supermarket wine a couple of weeks ago. Do you reckon this will turn out ok? Probably should have asked before I made it :laugh8:

4l Sainsbos red grape juice (150g sugar per l)
half a bottle of polish raspberry cordial
1 tsp tannin
2ml lactic acid
Gervin GV8
1 tsp nutrient

I will bottle it in champagne bottles with more red grape juice as priming once its cleared

Also got some apple juice to which I'll add more cordial to to make a wine/apple wine thing but will use a saison yeast

Yeah I think I didn't work it out right, at the moment the wine will only be 10% (less once carbonated). I'll add some sugar I think to bump it up.

I'm going to leave the apple one though and just treat it as a turbo cider I think

Scots_Pagan posted -

HI all. Having a stab at a WOW-style wine.
Recipe:
1Ltr Peach juice (not from conc.), found in Tescos
1.5Ltr Tescos WGJ
700g sugar
1tsp yeast nutrient
1tsp youngs super yeast
1tsp pectolase
1/2 squeezed lemon
1 cup of strong Earl Grey tea
Handful of raisins for body.
SG was 1.100 at about 4.5ltrs, so I'm guessing about 1.9 when topped to the gallon, which if stopped at 1.00 will realise about 13.3% ABV.
When you add the raisins, di you mince or crush them? Or simply add straight in? Cheers

upload_2020-3-3_21-26-38.jpeg

Final result

My white grape / peach had a nice subtle peach flavor.

Fining it with bentonite pulled out all the peach. It's absolute crystal clear though. Probably overdosed it. Doesn't taste much of anything now.

All the Best,
D. White

I cannot get WGJ or RGJ anywhere, I do however have have 500ml of red grape concentrate and 500ml of whit grape concentrate (Ritchies). I take it these are more concentrated than the juice so what would you folks recommend for a wow recipes. On the bottle it says use 250ml for a country wine...any advice appreciated.

I cannot get WGJ or RGJ anywhere, I do however have have 500ml of red grape concentrate and 500ml of whit grape concentrate (Ritchies). I take it these are more concentrated than the juice so what would you folks recommend for a wow recipes. On the bottle it says use 250ml for a country wine...any advice appreciated.

The Wilko version is 220cl of concentrate = 1 litre of grape juice so you would have to use 1 bottle of concentrate with 1.5 litres of apple juice or it'll be too thin.

Thanks Chippy will give it a go, although am not using apple, I have a selection of other flavours all from concentrate

Back