Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robbo said:
I've heard really good reveiws about the Pomegranite WoW, so i have put one of these brews on. It has a darker colour than I imagined and looking forward to the end result.

I put one on at the weekend (using Asda Pomegranate teabags) and I couldn't believe how dark it is, almost black!

Matt

Robbo said:
I've heard really good reveiws about the Pomegranite WoW, so i have put one of these brews on. It has a darker colour than I imagined and looking forward to the end result.

I haven't used Pomegranate for a while as its gone up to £1:50 a litre, i used to use 2 litres of Pomegranate (because its only 30% juice) and one of White grape juice in each DJ, i now use 1 litre of the juice below which are all 100% juice and 1 litre of WGJ, yes i am a tight git. :lol:

a66666666666666.jpg

Hi

I have just started an apple and raspberry WoW with apple and raspberry juice from tesco.

After the first about 7 days i will be adding 500ml of raspberry syrup to get the raspberry to come through (i will be adding this slowly and tasting so it doesnt over power the wine).

Dave

nook6 said:
Hi

I have just started an apple and raspberry WoW with apple and raspberry juice from tesco.

After the first about 7 days i will be adding 500ml of raspberry syrup to get the raspberry to come through (i will be adding this slowly and tasting so it doesnt over power the wine).

Dave

Did you use Grape juice?

If its the same juice as in the picture below i used to use two litres as its under 50% juice, you will probably have to add juice to get it stronger, remember if you add it before you stabilise it will ferment the extra suger, you could finish it as it is then if it is not strong enough you could add a little to the finished DJ until you get it to the right strength.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Hi

Sorry the juice was princes not tescos.

yes i used 1.5 litres of WGJ from tescos

The juice i used was 100% 92% apple juice and 8% raspberry puree. (as below)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Dave

That looks like 1.5 litres and you also have 1.5 litres of WGJ, I would let it finish as it is, the 100% juice wines i make are quite strong and that's with 2 litres, you have 3 litres in yours, you can always add juice when its stabilised, if you keep taking samples to check the taste you risk contaminating it.

Hi

the apple and raspberry is 1 litre the white grape juice was 1.5 litres.

I think i will let it finish completely then taste it to see what i think then maybe add a little of the syrup at a time.

Dave

My Pomegranite is so dark because I mixed it with Red Grape Juice instead of white. I misread the recipe in an earlier post.
It still should turn out OK.

Robbo said:
My Pomegranite is so dark because I mixed it with Red Grape Juice instead of white. I misread the recipe in an earlier post.
It still should turn out OK.

I have just used a litre of Rose grape juice with a litre of 100% Apple/Raspberry juice for the first time and made another DJ with a litre of 100% Apple/Raspberry but with WGJ so i can compare the two.

JohnandKrys posted -

this evening I started 3 different wines

1. 500ml rgj
1litre apple
1 litre orange
700g sugar
yeast nutrient,wine yeast,pectalose,mixed acid,black tea

2. 500ml rgj
1 litre apple
1 litre pineapple
700g sugar

3. 500g frozen fruit(tescos)blackberry cherry raspberry strawberry, redcurrents,blackcurrents
2 litres apple juice
700g sugar
enjoying this brewing lark :D

all in a dj up to the shoulder so room above in case

Currently doing a cherry wine from the cheaper £1 a litre Tesco own brand cherry juice. All I put in it was 2 litres of Cherry juice, 3/4 litre of Pomegranate Juice (from the same range), about 500g of sugar, a teaspoon of lemon juice and yeast, this was then topped up to about 4.5 litres with water.

Its bubbling away very well and smells divine, it should work out at about 12% when finished but I have had a sneaky taste (its at about 7% right now). Its lovely! I will probably sweeten it once finished with Sucralose, as I usually do. If it does work out ill do a 20 litre batch.

All I put in it was 2 litres of Cherry juice, 3/4 litre of Pomegranate Juice

There is no right or wrong (as far as i know) when making your own wine but having made gallons of the stuff i would recommend trying White grape juice or red grape juice in a future brew so you can compare the wine you are making without it to one with it. :thumb:

Most of the recipes in the thread use a litre of white grape or red grape juice along with one or two litres of the juice you want the finished wine to taste of, WGJ or RGJ adds the sense of alcohol in the wine and the sense of feeling in the mouth, a teaspoon of glycerine also gives the wine mouth feel.

Chippy_Tea said:
JohnandKrys posted -

this evening I started 3 different wines

1. 500ml rgj
1litre apple
1 litre orange
700g sugar

2. 500ml rgj
1 litre apple
1 litre pineapple
700g sugar

3. 500g frozen fruit(tescos)blackberry cherry raspberry strawberry, redcurrents,blackcurrents
2 litres apple juice
700g sugar
enjoying this brewing lark :D

all in a dj up to the shoulder so room above in case

Nice combinations,keep us in the loop with the outcome :thumb:

Chippy_Tea said:
All I put in it was 2 litres of Cherry juice, 3/4 litre of Pomegranate Juice

There is no right or wrong (as far as i know) when making your own wine but having made gallons of the stuff i would recommend trying White grape juice or red grape juice in a future brew so you can compare the wine you are making without it to one with it. :thumb:

Most of the recipes in the thread use a litre of white grape or red grape juice along with one or two litres of the juice you want the finished wine to taste of, WGJ or RGJ adds the sense of alcohol in the wine and the sense of feeling in the mouth, a teaspoon of glycerine also gives the wine mouth feel.
I will try a batch with grape juice in the future, but im very happy with this so far. I used Glycerol to aid feel and its really nice! It tastes more like a very alcoholic cherry cider than a wine, but thats fine by me!

nook6 said:

I tried this juice Dave, though I used it with WGJ ....... I hope you get very different results to me. Mine was like cough mixture :sick: really nasty :lol:

Pjam said:
nook6 said:

I tried this juice Dave, though I used it with WGJ ....... I hope you get very different results to me. Mine was like cough mixture :sick: really nasty :lol:

I have made many gallons of wine using Tesco 100% apple and Raspberry juice and WGJ, one litre of apple and Raspberry juice and a litre of WGJ makes a wine with a hint of raspberry, certainly not overpowering, it is currently our favourite wine.

How much juice did you add to get it to come out that strong? was it 100% juice? what combination of apple juice and grape juice did you use?

I top up with water ..... probably about 2 litres of water in all.

I got to say, I've misjudged just how good the wine is. It's only now, after my WGJ and Cranberry has had chance to condition, I realise how nice it is ...... really lovely. Amazing :eek:

Latest posts

Back