Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any white grape juice will do as long as it doesn't contain preservative.

I seen people saying there using welches white grape juice.
But this is isn't 100,% grape juice so didn't know if anyone had used this.

Only other one I can find is the one @jimbo1982 found but that has sulphates in.

I've just started of a WOW with Asda own brand Orange, Apple and Pineapple not from concentrate and I'm REALLY glad I didn't top it up with water. I've got a couple of inches of foam in the first day!

When it finishes I'll report back, but started off with no trouble or starnge smells.

Chris

That's a reduced sugar drink that has some grape juice in it, 12% according to the ingredients.
Pure white grape juice doesn't seem to be available in supermarkets any more. If I need white grape juice I buy concentrate from a home brew vendor.
Thanks I didn't think it would be any good but thought I would ask before a trip to the shops

Thank you I will get myself down to tescos tomorrow, get a few juices and see what I can come up with.

Also probably a few stupid question

But when adding the sugar would you say if your adding 600g of sugar would you dissolve it in a litre of water or 600ml?

If I'm only filling up the demiJohn part of the way until vigorous fermenting has slowed then add another litre of juice.
Would you add the grams of sugar onto the og reading to get the correct percentage?

I like the sound of apple and mango would you suggest 2ltrs of each juice?

Also probably a few stupid question

But when adding the sugar would you say if your adding 600g of sugar would you dissolve it in a litre of water or 600ml?

If I'm only filling up the demiJohn part of the way until vigorous fermenting has slowed then add another litre of juice.
Would you add the grams of sugar onto the og reading to get the correct percentage?

I like the sound of apple and mango would you suggest 2ltrs of each juice?
What you can do is heat some juice out of tshse four litres up slightly and dissolve the sugar in that and pour it into the remaining juice that you would have put in the jar pre cooled of course then take your OG then when topping up after fermentation has died down either top up with more juice as the sugar concentration will be a lot lower so not vigorous and should keep your original OG to FG within a few points of target.
If you choose to add water you will then be diluting it by 1/9 but will certainly drinkable. If I'm wrong I'm sure that someone can put you right.

I made a mixed Berry and apple juice wine at the start of March and have given all away bar one bottle which I will age a bit as I'm not a wine drinker more a wine tinker just to see how it would turn out. Got a mate at work who I gave a bottle too and has just trying his hand at Wow as he already brews AG and got this reply.
IMG-20200521-WA0003.jpg

That's a lovely fruity number, I hope mine taste that good. Looking forward to some with my steak tonight 🍷🥩👍

Hi everyone,

So the Apple Wine has turned out pretty well. Just doing a bit of back sweetening, the recipe was from another guide (outside of this forum) so is only like 9% and not much sugar initially.

The Passionfruit Wine is clearing now, so I siphoned a bit off while racking and it tastes very alcoholic, even when chilled. And I don't mean in a good way, the passionfruit is more of an aftertaste to the taste of alcohol. I followed the recipe as in the WOW video but wondered if anyone had any advice. I assume back sweetening it might help?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi everyone,

So the Apple Wine has turned out pretty well. Just doing a bit of back sweetening, the recipe was from another guide (outside of this forum) so is only like 9% and not much sugar initially.

The Passionfruit Wine is clearing now, so I siphoned a bit off while racking and it tastes very alcoholic, even when chilled. And I don't mean in a good way, the passionfruit is more of an aftertaste to the taste of alcohol. I followed the recipe as in the WOW video but wondered if anyone had any advice. I assume back sweetening it might help?

I’m in no way an expert, but I’d guess you could top up with passion fruit or another juice? You’d lose some ABV but it would sweetens and add help mellow the alcohol flavour?

Does anyone know if it's ok to use wilko wine stabilizers and forgo the campden tablets? I've looked around but I am finding conflicting answers. Seems the wilko stabilizer contains the same chemical as campden so I assume it's ok on it's own however I am probably wrong 😂

Hi everyone,

I read somewhere that a small amount of glycerin can smooth out that harshness in a wine, but I am by no means an expert 😁

Back