Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I skipped through the post and didn't notice you topped up with juice i have donr this in the past and now don't as stabiliser doesn't kill the yeast it stops it reproducing you will have to wait until its finished again as you risk bottle bombs if you don't.

Thank you :) will put it away for a while - week should do it in this weather? Sorry to keep asking - do I add finings when done? To be honest don’t mind it fermenting a bit as I should have topped up with water as prefer it dryer. The other one I topped up with cranberry juice (that one does not have much sugar in it)
Thank you so much for such quick replies and all your help.

If it doesn't clear you can add more finings or if you are not fussy do as we did drink it cloudy (if it smells and tastes ok) it doesn't do you any harm it just looks a bit odd.

Last edited:
That’s what I was thinking :) . Pineapple one I have done is clear in bottle but gets chill haze in fridge and it does not bother me in the slightest.
Thank you again for all your help :)

I made a couple of batches of the recommended rose wine today will let everyone know how it turns out
So this has finished fermentation for a few days now, looking good added some kwikclear to one to see if will make a difference, looks quite clear already. Will taste test and bottle both tomorrow.

My other wines have been more problematic as I overdid the sugar, ( 1 kilo) some stuck , a lot are too sweet at 1010 and have taken over a month, blackcurrant cordial one still at 1040 despite adding super yeast 7 days ago (was 1050) so had to top it up with more nutrient as fermentation very slow little airlock activity or surface bubbles.

So I am going to end up with a lot of dessert wine . Definitely will be reducing sugar to 750 when I eventually get them bottled and start my next batch

Hi all, just picked these up from my local polish shop. (89p each bargain) usually I use them for TC but thought I might make a DJ of wow with one.
I think I've used one before for a wow but can't remember how much to add, I don't want to make it overpowering.
Gonna make to 1000g sugar in total including 1ltr applejuice.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 15934382289288543802649465051038.jpg
    15934382289288543802649465051038.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 92
Well I've put this wow on with what I thought due to my impatience.
200ml raspberry/lime tree lowicz
1.5 ltr a/j
700g sugar
1 mug strong tea
Pect/nutr/glycerin
Gervin G2 wine yeast.
1019g of sugar totals so should make around 12% I reckon.
Done in 5ltr plastic demi filled to shoulder.

Well I've put this wow on with what I thought due to my impatience.
200ml raspberry/lime tree lowicz
1.5 ltr a/j
700g sugar
1 mug strong tea
Pect/nutr/glycerin
Gervin G2 wine yeast.
1019g of sugar totals so should make around 12% I reckon.
Done in 5ltr plastic demi filled to shoulder.
Hello. Please let me know how it turns out. I have made variation on the rose with Rock organic blackcurrant squash (put whole bottle in 750ml!!!) not unpleasant but will only do half or third next time as it’s a bit strong :) not alcohol wise.
So 200-300ml should be just the ticket :)

Anybody tried green tea instead of black tea brew in WOW? would like to make a pale white wine - not straw colour... is it ok to use green tea instead of black tea for tannins? Thinking of bunging together juice of 5 - 6 tins of peaches(it’s grape juice) and Copella apple and pear and use some pear green tea as tannin substitute.
thank you

I have blended peaches in white grape juice and added to apple juice and it was very good. Just lost quite a bit to sediment and much more faffy to make!

Edit. Asda was cheapest place to buy tinned peaches at the time!

I have blended peaches in white grape juice and added to apple juice and it was very good. Just lost quite a bit to sediment and much more faffy to make!

Edit. Asda was cheapest place to buy tinned peaches at the time!
Don’t mind a bit of sediment :) having some mango/ apple on the go that’s having quite a bit of ‘floaters’ at the moment and made mango, pineapple that threw out some crud too. Just thinking of the taste and colour hoping I could use green tea for tannin instead of the usual :) thank you - off to get some peaches in grape juice tomorrow!

I thought I'd join the party :) Did my first WOW at the weekend with a bottle of lowicz (Raspberry), 2l Lidl pomegranate juice, 1l Lidl apple juice, 600g sugar. Fermenting away nicely (within just a few hours of pitching yeast). Also made a wee vid which I'm planning on posting here once it's done. Interested to see how it turns out! Couldn't get red grape juice anywhere asad1 (we don't have an Asda nearby - Tesco, Lidl & Coop)

I thought I'd join the party :) Did my first WOW at the weekend with a bottle of lowicz (Raspberry), 2l Lidl pomegranate juice, 1l Lidl apple juice, 600g sugar. Fermenting away nicely (within just a few hours of pitching yeast). Also made a wee vid which I'm planning on posting here once it's done. Interested to see how it turns out! Couldn't get red grape juice anywhere asad1 (we don't have an Asda nearby - Tesco, Lidl & Coop)
Sainsbury's sell ambient red grape juice in cardboard cartons

Had the sanitizer out as was getting ready to bottle some beer, so decided to put a batch on
Morrisons Summer Fruits2
Welch's grape
Tsp citric pectolase nutrient
Vin21 premium yeast
750 sugar
Topped up with waterIMG-20200630-WA0005.jpegIMG-20200630-WA0000.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-20200630-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20200630-WA0009.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 84
Thank you very much for this thread. It really inspired me to try my first wines batches. I began one month ago and so far ...

- 1 batch (1 gallon) of pineapple/ red grape/ white sugar. After fermentation was very sharp but became VERY palatable after 2 days in aDJ.
- another one replacing pineapple by cranberries. I racked this one but seems far too sweet for my taste.
- 2l rgj with white sugar, to test pale red wine forgery :-)
- the last one seems quite interesting. Same base, white sugar but 2l Apple juice and one liter lemonade juice from Sainsbury. Should finish at 14 %... I’ll surely try to keep it carbonated it smell so good !!!! I used wild ferments for this one

Back