Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welch's purple grape juice makes excellent wine. you can combine it with apple juice.
so one of my brews might not be a total fail then because, one was made with welchies red grape and 1.5ltr of apple 😄

I don't think you'd increase the abv by adding sugar, I'd imagine it would have the opposite effect because you're adding 1lt of liquid but only 100g ish sugar.
Looking at your pictures and recipe I think u could get away with dissolving 200g of sugar in a litre of AJ, I'm sure if I'm wrong someone could put you right.

@Smatt

Which Welch's grape juice did you use?

1594049495775.png
or
1594049605681.png

Under UK law, juice and juice drink are different. Only use 100% juice, whether or not from concentrate. And make sure it contains no preservatives.

Attachments

• 1594049519430.png
    1594049519430.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
The easiest way i can explain is to say the minimum juice you need to make something drinkable is 2 litres of 100% juice in a DJ so if for example you find a litre of juice that is only 50% juice you need to add 2 litres plus another litre of 100% juice (making 3 x one litre cartons in the DJ) this is why i always used one litre of 100% grape juice of whatever kind i could get my hands on then i added whatever other juice until i made it to another litre of 100% juice.

The simple way is to use -

1 x litre of Grape juice.

1 x litre of apple juice.

Then add a litre of something else even if its only 50% juice to add a different flavour.

The easiest way i can explain is to say the minimum juice you need to make something drinkable is 2 litres of 100% juice in a DJ so if for example you find a litre of juice that is only 50% juice you need to add 2 litres plus another litre of 100% juice (making 3 x one litre cartons in the DJ) this is why i always used one litre of 100% grape juice of whatever kind i could get my hands on then i added whatever other juice until i made it to another litre of 100% juice.

The simple way is to use -

1 x litre of Grape juice.

1 x litre of apple juice.

Then add a litre of something else even if its only 50% juice to add a different flavour.
Ok so I will have to sit down in a min and go through all the ingredients to do a count up thanks for the advice

@Smatt , youve got plenty of space for a ltr of apple juice(100% juice) in the white and nip to sainsburys for a ltr of red grape juice and put tgat in the Rose.dissolve extra sugar as required and top the DJs to the shoulder.Theyll be ok but might finish a little sweeter because of the juice drink ingrediants.Have they started fermenting?

Ok cheers I shell go out tomorow get that!
What is juice from concentrate? Is that 100%?
As I have a bottle or orange from concentrate look at the ingredients and there isn’t any :confused.:

Hi

I made a wine I called "Lilt" Wine, I made it up to 15l with only 1 litre each of grapefruit and pineapple the rest was 4xAJ and 3x "Don Simon peach and white grape" juice. It was excellent but the next time I went to Asda they'd stopped selling the Don Simon juice. That's what lead me to try tinned peaches, which work well but you end up with more sediment hence topping up before bottling.
I did find the pineapple and grapefruit up front taste drops off over time. The pineapple chill Haze will also go.
Thank you :) all bottled and will give it a little while before I taste it again. Pineapple one actually tastes nice apart from chill haze but glad to hear it will go over time. Will give it a month- as it’s quite nice just hazy when chilled.

Look forward to the tinned peach wine x got some (3) 800g cans in lidl and only used the grape juice and apple in one demi and the fruit with some reduced strawberries mashed up and topped with red grape in another fermenter
Hopefully works out well and only one lot of sediment to worry about :) - will rack and top up with apple to finish fermenting after a week or two.

Thank you :) all bottled and will give it a little while before I taste it again. Pineapple one actually tastes nice apart from chill haze but glad to hear it will go over time. Will give it a month- as it’s quite nice just hazy when chilled.

Look forward to the tinned peach wine x got some (3) 800g cans in lidl and only used the grape juice and apple in one demi and the fruit with some reduced strawberries mashed up and topped with red grape in another fermenter
Hopefully works out well and only one lot of sediment to worry about :) - will rack and top up with apple to finish fermenting after a week or two.
How much were the tinned peaches and is it definitely grape juice? I can't find them on their comedy website.

How much were the tinned peaches and is it definitely grape juice? I can't find them on their comedy website.
They were 94p a tin big double tins in their bakery isle and definitely in grape juice (that’s what it said on the tin :) ) think 840g 430 drained so three made about a litre of grape juice infused by peaches. Saved the fruit and froze. Used half of fruit with some cheapo reduces strawberries and Sainsbury’s grape juice and kids ate some :) the rest I bunged in with loads of bananas to make banana wine...
Peach halves
Lidl website is pants!

Last edited:
Back