Suremix 60

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rento

Reaction score
looking for advice....

I have been using cornies for a while with s30 co2 and recently got a large fresh BOC Suremix 60 cylinder from a restaurant that was closing down. I understand it’s a 60% co2 and 40% N2 mix. Can anyone advise on how to use this and what I need in terms of a regulator to use on my kegs?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have recently found most pubs use 60/40 or 70/30 for all there kegs as one of these at 35psi is the go to 1 size fits all dispense solution but its not good for force carbonating beer and is likely not worth buying a regulator for if your not going to use it again.

It wasn’t sold to me, borrowed until I’ve run out the gas.....which will be almost never considering the size of it! (I know it has a life span before anyone says..late 2020 on this one)

Looking at my options, a N2 regulator costs about £50 or a CO2 about £30 and then I’d need an adapter so both options are about the same. I don’t see how forced carbing is an issue as some kegerator setups use mix gas? Any recommendations on the one to go for or a good supplier?

Does £70 or so to setup a system like this seem reasonable compared to refilling my s30’s every couple of kegs?

Thanks.
R

No one said it was an issue, it’s just not efficient AND you will be serving at much higher pressure leading to much longer beer lines.

No one sane person uses 60/40 in a kegarator to serve ales and lagers. You could use it for creamflow but that would take you UNDER the recommended pressure for a nitro faucet.

Good luck..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back