Sweet pepper seeds for 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guzzie

Reaction score
Last year I grew chillies - hot banana, chenzo and apache successfully - big plants and lots of chillies into October but for the second year in a row my sweet peppers failed to materialise - 4 plants gave 2 decent peppers !!. In the main the sweet peppers were also big plants but the flowers did not progress to peppers or the peppers were extremely small. All the plants are grown in a greenhouse using the same feed.
I wonder if someone can point me in the direction of sweet pepper seeds that you have found easy to grow and produce a good size pepper. thanks G

I found that the longer "Ox horn" type did much better than the normal shaped peppers last year.
Corno di Torro did really well - decent size and good flavour, if a little thin walled...

I've never done very well at all with sweet peppers and have given them up as an unproductive waste of space in the greenhouse. Sorry, not very helpful I know!

Latest posts

Back