Switching to a modular system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iván

Reaction score
Hi there,

I brew corny-keg-size batches of beer at home, for my family. I've used a Klarstein Brauheld Pro the last two years and now I am thinking about switching to other system. I am considering the electric kettle from the malt miller, which seems to be a copy of the Clawhammer kettles. It seems to be easier to clean (detachable heating element, so no more stuck bottoms), and more maintainable (every piece can be replaced). I am considering buying this cheap controller, and wire it inside a box. I will need also either a bag or a bucket for the grain, and I think I prefer a big bucket that fits into the kettle. I am not interested in overcomplicate my workflow so I don't want to do more sparge. I found this bucket at amazon, although it is expensive and I don't know if there are better options. I already have a pump, chiller and ferm. buckets.

I am looking for opinions on the change I am planning to do (do you think I am wrong?), and if you know about better options (e.g. for the grain bucket or for the kettle). My budget is around 500£.

Latest posts

Back