Swmbo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mrs got the brewing process with both barrels from me today! 'Well honey, this pale stuff is the base malt and that's where the bulk of the sugar comes from, these darker ones add flavour, colour and some sugars, but the sugar is stored in them as starch. Now the reason I nearly burnt the house down is that they need to be mashed at a certain temperature so that the enzymes contained can change the starch to fermentables sugar, but this only happens within an ideal range, blah de blah de blah de blah!. Poor girl was still listening ten minutes later and even though I could see her stifling a yawn I was on a roll getting it straight in my own head, so I got another ten minutes before she rolled her eyes and told me to get a blimmin life :lol:

Point of order!!!!

HWMBO?!?!?!

No such thing...

:-?

Overruled! I decree that, in the name of equality, all must refer to their spouse, civil partner or legally unrecognised significant or insignificant other, as HSOOGNPWMBO: he, she or other gender neutral pronoun who must be obeyed. Failure to do so will result in me being offended on behalf of someone I haven't met.

I'm not even posting about mine far too dangerous ...lol Actually should read swmba, she who must be avoided when releated the brewing.

I must be lucky my mrs is quite into homebrewing, and I've even had her helping with cleaning bottles :). She does comment on the amount of equipment that I seem to need...... so she should be pleased when I tell her about one of these all in one systems (braumeister) I'm thinking of buying, it's a space saver!

I reckon I could get my Lynn interested, she likes the idea of the recipe building and she's already trying and enjoying a few IPAs that aren't too bitter. My next brew is a milk stout that she tasted at the brew dog pub in town, i reckon I could get her to brew it while I watch the telly next weekend😀 I'm deffo going to think of a way to suggest it 😂

I reckon I could get my Lynn interested, she likes the idea of the recipe building and she's already trying and enjoying a few IPAs that aren't too bitter. My next brew is a milk stout that she tasted at the brew dog pub in town, i reckon I could get her to brew it while I watch the telly next weekend😀 I'm deffo going to think of a way to suggest it 😂

Good luck with that, my missus has also shown an interest in a milk stout she had in town! I will try and see if she wants to brew one for me too.

I got up at 2 having been on nights...had the laptop and brew book out with the intentions of ordering some supplies. ..spent ages looking at what I had and needed,pricing and calculating..making the tea,taking kids to martial arts and back,watering the allotment...generally messing about...still not sorted as I keep getting calculation anomalies ......she's gone off muttering about "idiots" and "pain in the ****"....
I've just cracked a bottle of festival Pilgrims Hope....bottled 16 April...it'll do!

Good luck with that, my missus has also shown an interest in a milk stout she had in town! I will try and see if she wants to brew one for me too.

She's at her ma's this weekend and I've got one fv ready for cold crashing after another comes out of primary at the weekend, that gives me nearly a fortnight to talk her into it :lol:

Overruled! I decree that, in the name of equality, all must refer to their spouse, civil partner or legally unrecognised significant or insignificant other, as HSOOGNPWMBO: he, she or other gender neutral pronoun who must be obeyed. Failure to do so will result in me being offended on behalf of someone I haven't met.

This is proper court room stuff. I call the jury to make they're decision. 'Aye or nay!'

I tried that idea once with myn, it's very hard not to have any input though. Maybe sanitize everything first for her, that should save the fairy liquid being used.

I've just been trying to discuss the merits of a Saison yeast with HWMBO. Took 30 seconds before he glazed over........

Barbs

Mmm... I have a hubby who loves my homebrewing and loves when I all geek out with equipment and explaining particular merits of yeasts or brewing ingredients and what not.
What he doesn't love is when I make a mess when brewing (often), the equipment taking over the house (my bathroom has turned into an extension of the brewery), or me trying to buy a grainfather or braumeister... (which , sigh, I still don't have.)

Today my wife used the phrase 'it never ends does it'. Don't understand her issue really, doesn't everyone spend a sunny afternoon on their sixth wedding anniversary scrubbing the labels off empty beer bottles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just been trying to discuss the merits of a Saison yeast with HWMBO. Took 30 seconds before he glazed over........

Barbs

if your other half at least likes what you make that's half the battle :thumb:

get him to try an beer and then perhaps explain its made with a saison yeast.

Today my wife used the phrase 'it never ends does it'. Don't understand her issue really, doesn't everyone spend a sunny afternoon on their sixth wedding anniversary scrubbing the labels off empty beer bottles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Wedding anniversairy present as for a conveyor belt

bottle-conveyor-1293479.jpg

Show her this picture and tell her you have some big plans and brews coming soon

Back