SWMBO

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cripes! My missus would find it a compliment if I called her that, which is why it is something I never utter. Nah, telling her she's got great t**s or suchlike gets good results.

Someone left the Sport lying round in work today...every page...page 3! Well nearly they do spoil it with football and other over rated rubbish towards the last few pages..

I have how every site you go one asks you to accept cookies, I leave as soon as the pop up appears if it's not a site I am particularly want to visit.

I told Mrs Tea we refer to our other halves as SWMBO and she thought was funny, the guy in this articles wife obviously has no sense of humour or was looking for a way out of the relationship or both.

I couldn't understand her anger either; it's mainly used as a term of endearment / affection with a bit of humour mixed in, a bit like blokes who say things like "I'll have to ask the boss and get back to you", that type of thing . I also thought it originated from Rumpole if the Bailey, so you live and learn.

I also thought it originated from Rumpole if the Bailey, so you live and learn.

ddd.jpg

I don't like it, personally, but I see how it's not used offensively here--simply referring to the partner.
For some time I played in a men's baseball league and there are slow periods, you're sitting on the bench and the subject of wives would come up once in a while.
For some of the guys, the baseball league was a way to get out of the house (away from their spouses, in other words). And the way they referred to their partner was sometimes not as nice as SWMBO.

Yeah, that relationship was already in the toilet because one thing isn't usually going to crash it all down. My guess is he had a second female in there somewhere.
Edt: I got rid of "philly" so as to not be disrespectful.

The thing is if you mean the "insults" you're in the wrong relationship...I get called fatty, Hopalong,useless...plus other stuff,probably some truth in there but never taken to heart...
She gets on a regular basis... dozy mare...

I thought the man had texted something like "the stupid cow" or "the silly bitch"; ... aunsure....

... either of which actually seem to be an appropriate description of the lady concerned. :laugh8:

The thing is if you mean the "insults" you're in the wrong relationship...I get called fatty, Hopalong,useless...plus other stuff,probably some truth in there but never taken to heart...
She gets on a regular basis... dozy mare...

I get "lazy barsteward" regularly, I think it's an accurate description most days.

Latest posts

Back