Syphon, Little Bottler & Bucket clip

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trouble is bottling with a syphone I spill so much
My beard is getting sticky licking the floor
There must be a better way

Get someone else to lick the floor...

35ddg5g.jpg

Spilled soon afterwards but floor was cleaned dry by my mutt :)

I had a German Shepard that would steel my beer if I left cans where it could find them

My extra long racking cane arrived yesterday. It's actually two normal size racking canes held together with a connector. Think it'sll work well though. I'll test it out next week when I do some bottling

Yes, I got mine earlier in the week too and just as you say it is an extension with a joiner for a standard racking cane, so that makes it come out at 28 inches, if I had known it was just a joiner and extension I could have extended it myself.

If i was going to buy another i would get one of these, the problem with the long one is the tube slowly closes at the point where it leaves the hard tube because of the weight of the tube, i got round it by cable tying a short piece of tube to the inside curve to stop it kinking. http://www.mannlake.co.uk/beekeeping-supplies/product/WM-111.html

It certainly looks like it, i only posted the link as an example they are probably widely available .

My local has the metal canes
There is a little wire mesh type thing in the bottom, but no cup to stop sediment

Tried out my massive racking cane today. Really liked it, no more proping up the FV at an angel to get at the last 2-3 litres of wort. I don't think I jammed the two canes into the connector hard enough, though, as one came out during bottling so had to rinse everything off re-starsan and re-start the syphon again

I got the little bottler recently with my first kit and brew set. From what ive seen it really does make life easier... I hate syphons.. Years of owning large marine aquariums... Need i say more :)

Back