Syphon, Little Bottler & Bucket clip

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hate bottling so bought a little bottler and a bucket clip which made the job a lot less painful, as i didn't have a FV with a tap and i didn't want to cut a hole in it i cut the tube off the tap at the point below which allowed me to use it with my syphon tube giving me much more control, the bucket clip keeps everything steady on a FV or DJ.

To attach the tube to the end of the syphon i use the standard syphon tap the longer tapered end fits perfectly inside the little bottler tube.

31MigV%2BHUcL._SY300_.jpg

317H-XDgf%2BL.jpg

1613907530135.png

Captureiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg

Attachments

• 1613907511758.png
    1613907511758.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Very clever bit of kit Chippy, it does mean that I'd have to give up my beloved clothes peg and celotape set up I currently use with my siphon tube.

I'am so tempted to go for a tap and bottle wand
Bit scared off leaks lo

That is why i never drilled my bucket, i have read too many posts here about leaking taps.

Trouble is bottling with a syphone I spill so much
My beard is getting sticky licking the floor
There must be a better way

Another cheap tip - buy an extended syphon tube they sell them on ebay or extend your existing one with another peice of tube and a sleeve made from a short piece of syphon tube, i used to struggle with the bucket clip as the soft plastic tube didn't fit into the clip easily and it was difficult to get it to the bottom of the FV without moving the sediment, the longer hard plastic tube allows it to slide it through the clip but doesn't allow it to move sideways.

Another cheap tip - buy an extended syphon tube they sell them on ebay, i used to struggle with the bucket clip as the soft plastic tube didn't fit into the clip easily and it was difficult to get it to the bottom of the FV without moving the sediment, the longer hard plastic tube allows it to slide it through the clip but doesn't allow it to move sideways.

Have you a ebay link?

http://copperkettlehomebrewing.co.uk/bottling/102/bottling-stick

You can buy bottling sticks without needing to buy the tap as well, link above. The only thing is it's not sprung at the bottom but relies on gravity to hold it closed, but I've seen a comparison somewhere on YouTube where they seemed to prefer that. Another option although price difference isn't massive.
I agree about the bucket clip, much better than holding the syphon or using paperclips and elastic bands or whatever.

Latest posts

Back