T.V comedies you never got into.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe we now live in a time where most people don't find casual racism funny.
I'll precursor this with a Good, No surprise that Jim Davidson and the like can't really get on tv much these days and you don't see his shows repeated very often if never.
Some comedy/comedians stand better through time than others, big fan of Bill Hicks but his early death and limited tv exposure have left us with very small amounts of material.
I stumbled across Stuart Lee a few years ago and so glad I did.
I genuinely split my sides at him.

The top gear/Richard Hammond and ukip put downs were brilliant 👍😁
He used to be part of a double act with Richard Herring back in the 90's. athumb..

I'll precursor this with a Good, No surprise that Jim Davidson and the like can't really get on tv much these days and you don't see his shows repeated very often if never.
Some comedy/comedians stand better through time than others, big fan of Bill Hicks but his early death and limited tv exposure have left us with very small amounts of material.

He used to be part of a double act with Richard Herring back in the 90's. athumb..

Yes i remember lee and herring.
Wasn't a fan at the time but times change.

Sarah Milligan, can't stand her, or find anything she does even vaguely amusing. A friend gave me and my wife free tickets for one of her concerts few years ago; all she talked about was her c*** and seemed to think repeating it endlessly was funny.

It seems that most tv comedy just doesn’t age well.
Some of the shows posted here had me in tears of laughter when they first came out, but after a re-watch I’m just finding them cringingly bad. Not even just the casual 70’s racism, they’re just generally very ****. Try a few on catchup/streaming archives. A rare few stand the test of time - for me at least, Monty Python is an example of this.

A few years back, Michael Palin was being interviewed and said that the Mighty Boosh was the closest thing to Monty Python being made these days. I think he meant that it approached comedy from a completely different angle from anything that had come before it, much like Monty Python at the time.

My Dad always hated Monty Python so I never had the opportunity to watch any of it until I was in my late teens. I think now I have turned into my Dad, I thought the Mighty Boosh was ****!

I think he may have ruined that look Clint.

1608829352236.png

A few years back, Michael Palin was being interviewed and said that the Mighty Boosh was the closest thing to Monty Python being made these days. I think he meant that it approached comedy from a completely different angle from anything that had come before it, much like Monty Python at the time.

My Dad always hated Monty Python so I never had the opportunity to watch any of it until I was in my late teens. I think now I have turned into my Dad, I thought the Mighty Boosh was ****!
My son (age 5) was an extra on one episode, more by luck than anything, no hes not a thespian or anything like it. Now 19 and studying at aeronautics at uni!

Latest posts

Back