T.V viewing. [Poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you watch more or less than the average 22.5 hours per week?

• I watch less than 22.5 hours per week.

• I watch more than 22.5 hours per week.

• I don't watch T.V.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't watch much T.V these days as there isn't much on that is of interest, i would say 15 hours is the absolute maximum as i do like to catch up with the news and whether before leaving for work then me and SWMBO will sit and watch something we have recorded later in the evening, please note the figure given below states not including streaming services such as Netflix.

On average we watch over 22.5 hours of TV every week, not including streaming services such as Netflix.

For me depends what sport is on. Not currently watching any box sets etc and cant be arsed with the football internationals so I reckon the last fortnight it would only be 3 hours a week - mostly snippets of news, mastermind, the odd episode of the Chase. That said the kids are really keen to embark on rewatching all 86 episodes of Spooks that will change things....

I've not regularly watched tv since I got divorced about 14 years ago when my ex wife used to make me watch reruns of Falcon Crest on my one day off.

I do watch sport but only the matches/events I want to watch. The odd film or documentary perhaps here and there.

We have the News on for about 15 mins whilst eating breakfast, I occasionally put it on for 15 mins eating lunch, other than that for me it's max 30 mins in the evening though I do watch cycle racinglive on Eurosport on the computer if that counts, everything else is streamed.

Define watching telly. I don't watch any broadcast TV but do watch rather a lot of DVDs and box sets. Probably around the 21 hour mark at least.

Define watching telly. I don't watch any broadcast TV but do watch rather a lot of DVDs and box sets. Probably around the 21 hour mark at least.
Us too, although we don't go much over 12-14 hours. We have no tv reception and I'll be buggered if I'm going to spend what the only cable company in town charges

I would put box sets and DVD's alongside streaming Netflix etc so as far as this is concerned it doesn't count towards total hours viewing.

On average we watch over 22.5 hours of TV every week, not including streaming services such as Netflix.

1-2 hours a day Sunday-Thursday, 2-3 hours on Friday and Saturday nights, and we also have a movie night with the kids every Saturday tea time. I reckon I’m probably just below the 22 and a half hours “average”.

EDIT - I’ve just seen Chippy say it doesn’t include streaming services, in that case it’s practically none unless I’m watching football.

Sport and news on TV then YouTube and a few podcasts. It's hard to say how much I watch as if there's a test match or the Tour de France on it'll be on all day.
I have some Saturdays/Sundays with cricket on the tablet, Rugby League on TV, football on the radio and the latest scores, F1 or cycling on the computer. I think it's fair to say I like my sport.

SWMBO likes the soaps etc so watches more than 22.5 hours i recon its a lot more than that. :laugh8:

Even 10 hours of TV is way too much for me, although I occasionally might watch something, so to say I never watch TV is incorrect . How about another category say 'less than 5 hours p.w'.

Normal telly less than 5 hours a week. Twitch and Youtube, pfffft, 45 hours maybe.

Back