T.V viewing. [Poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you watch more or less than the average 22.5 hours per week?

• I watch less than 22.5 hours per week.

• I watch more than 22.5 hours per week.

• I don't watch T.V.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Think I’m inclined to agree with @Cwrw666, better to define
”watching TV” cos if we’re excluding all the commercial streaming services, DVD’s, watching on a PC/laptop/tablet via the internet etc, then the results are soooooo last century, almost as if we’re still using cathode ray tubes to watch video content ;)

Think I’m inclined to agree with @Cwrw666, better to define
”watching TV” cos if we’re excluding all the commercial streaming services, DVD’s, watching on a PC/laptop/tablet via the internet etc, then the results are soooooo last century, almost as if we’re still using cathode ray tubes to watch video content ;)

The statement in the OP was pretty straight forward -

On average we watch over 22.5 hours of TV every week, not including streaming services such as Netflix.
I also said in the OP - please note the figure given below states not including streaming services such as Netflix.

Later in the thread Cwrw666 posted and i replied -
Define watching telly. I don't watch any broadcast TV but do watch rather a lot of DVDs and box sets. Probably around the 21 hour mark at least.

Chippy_Tea said
I would put box sets and DVD's alongside streaming Netflix etc so as far as this is concerned it doesn't count towards total hours viewing.
On average we watch over 22.5 hours of TV every week, not including streaming services such as Netflix.

For me depends what sport is on. Not currently watching any box sets etc and cant be arsed with the football internationals so I reckon the last fortnight it would only be 3 hours a week - mostly snippets of news, mastermind, the odd episode of the Chase. That said the kids are really keen to embark on rewatching all 86 episodes of Spooks that will change things....
Spooks is a cracking show..

Since I recently had a shoulder operation, I watch quite a bit as I have to refrain from any lifting or repetitive work. I don't normally watch anything live as I like to be able to skip through any adverts. I like all the old classic British comedies and just rewatching Yes Minister on britbox at the minute. If anyone happens to be with bt broadband, you can currently get 6 months off britbox free by signing into your online bt account and enabling the free 6 month subscription. The last movie I watched this week was Von Ryan's Express that I had recorded from last Christmas

I think everyone's viewing as changed in recent years with streaming services taking over.

With kids we rarely able to sit down at say 8pm for a tv programme so will catch it another time via a catch up service. Me and the wife like different things, but will sit through the others programmes, often doing something else at the same time, this forum, admin etc.

I would say I watch sports mostly, cycling rugby and a bit of football. I would say between us about 2 hours a day but often less.

We watch an hour episode of something from a streaming service with the kids every night, a film on Saturday and Sunday and the odd program here and there (Gardner’s world, beechgrove, Mortimer & Whitehouse: gone fishing). Must amount to 14 hrs. You can add another 10 on to that with YouTube though watching brewing, fishing and guitar stuff! Only problem is though that YouTube is like QVC, end up buying stuff I’ve seen YouTuber people using!

9:00 till 11:30 every night. Everything is recorded so we generally get good stuff to watch - Natural History/Nature/Wildlife are my favourite, other than that an occasional film / mini series, wife picks everything and she has pretty good taste so that's fine with me.

So 7 x 2.5 = 17.5 hours divided by 2 = 8 hours 45min each. per week

I also said in the OP - please note the figure given below states not including streaming services such as Netflix.
Woops, shows how observant I am - didn't spot that at all. So that makes me 0 hours/week. Never had a TV license, never watched TV since I was a kid.

Stopped watching tv years ago.
All internet based now.
Two reasons
(1) License fee.
(2) Not much on for us "Older folks".

Mrs CD likes horse racing anything with nice clean murders in them, so she watches quite a lot. Midsommer Murders, Morse, Lewis, Endeavour, Murder in Paradise etc. I join her when I come up from the Brewery Tap at 8pm until about 9.30, which is bedtime for us old fogies.

We rarely watch anything live so we can skip through the ads. We each have a pair of radio headphones and have the TV volume turned right down, and usually have the subtitles on as we need as many inputs as possible to work out what the hells happening!

We rarely watch anything live so we can skip through the ads.

Same here we have a freest HDR box and a Freeview recording box we got with our internet package years ago so we tend to record everything and watch when its convenient.

We don't have a brain washing box! so none, not for years. There's plenty on the net, and what about all the brewing and consuming to be done!!

Do I need a TV Licence to watch streamed programmes?
You need to be covered by a TV Licence to watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.).

This applies to any device you use.

You don't need a TV Licence if you only ever watch on demand or catch up programmes on services other than BBC iPlayer - and never watch live TV programmes on any channel or TV service, including on iPlayer.

What is streaming?
Streaming is watching TV using the internet instead of downloading a file to your device and watching it later.

Pay for a TV Licence
Or let us know you don't need a TV Licence.

Other helpful information
Live TV and how you watch it

Latest posts

Back