Tap shanks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dellboy78lfc

Reaction score
Hi, hopefully not a silly question, but currently building a coffin top keezer and plan to use the 100mm shanks with John guest fittings behind my faucets. I’m assuming 100mm is the total length of the whole thing? What is the maximum coffin wall thickness you can comfortably pass these shanks through? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I can only talk for mine - not go much experience with these. My shanks are 10cm long, and the threaded bolt is just over 1cm thick. So guess it could pass through 9cm depth

Just checked on the Angel Home Brew site

https://www.angelhomebrew.co.uk/fau...m-nukatap-long-shank-304-stainless-steel.html
You can see that about 25mm is used for the tap connection. The backing (brass) nut is about 6mm thick and I would guess the JG fitting would need around 15mm. That leaves 54mm so I’d reckon you should be OK with a 50mm thick “coffin wall”. But I would advise you get your tap set first so you can check.

Absolute max 6cm.

B635BEF5-1E53-400E-ABD2-0B45DE9D2034.jpeg

If this isn’t enough you can get 150mm shanks. I had to get these for my own brew-shed.

Last edited:
Hi, hopefully not a silly question, but currently building a coffin top keezer and plan to use the 100mm shanks with John guest fittings behind my faucets. I’m assuming 100mm is the total length of the whole thing? What is the maximum coffin wall thickness you can comfortably pass these shanks through? Thanks in advance.

Are you panelling the outside of the keezer? If so you might want to keep in mind how thick you make the casing. You'll need to make sure there's enough depth left for the tap nozzles. I didn't and nearly came a cropper - luck more than measurement!

These taps are Intertap flow control stainless steel faucets with 4 inch stainless shanks & collar. The keezer collar is a 100mm x 50mm ish covered in aluminium tape. The casing is 12mm OSB on 32mm straps.

If it helps the distance from nozzle tip to the end of the shank is about 18cm or 23cm nozzle tip to end of shank with a JG with reducer.

20210111_184927.jpg

Back