Tapcooler counter-pressure filler vs. Blichmann beer gun 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my barbs fitted into 3/16" ID line no problem. Just gave it a test on some water in a mini-keg and it works really well, even with only two hands. I can't see a beer gun ever being a superior product, unless it also has the rubber stopper, in which case it is just a long counterpressure filler. While the Tapcooler and Williamswarn ones look nicer and better for bottling in quantity, I won't be bottling from a keg very often and it does everything as it should.

Excellent! There are a couple of 'tweaks' to the technique to get the best results (that I usually forget):
  1. chill the bottles down in the fridge before filling (cuts down foaming)
  2. fit filler to bottle and turn selector to CO2
  3. open the bleed valve for a bit so the air in the bottle is expelled
  4. close the bleed valve (the bottle is now full of CO2 at keg pressure)
  5. turn selector to Beer
  6. open the bleed valve and fill slowly to about 1" below the top (2" if the beer is on the lively side)
  7. close the bleed valve
  8. turn selector to OFF
  9. re-open bleed valve gently to relieve gas pressure above beer (if you release it suddenly it will foam for sure)
  10. without delay remove the filler and cap the bottle
Enjoy!!

After a bit of research I've set my eyes on the Blichmann Beer Gun V2 as I want to be able to fill both bottles and Huber mini kegs.

Basically now trawling for the cheapest in stock option, anyone beating GetErBrewed at £120?

Latest posts

Back