taps for a keezer setup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've decided to keg my beers and am planning my setup. I have a chest freezer I want to turn into a keezer by following this video . I'm looking at taps and have noticed a pricing disparity between them. Whilst I'm sure there is a difference between taps, is there a reason this ebay one is £20.99 whilst BrewUK are selling just the faucet for £24.99? Brewkeg Tap have a branded Intertap with all parts I'd need, but it's double the price of the Ebay one, would it be worth getting this?

TIA!

When it comes to Intertap you know you are getting tested and good quality products. With the Chinese ones (eBay) you never know.
I bought so far 2 from BrewkegTap, both fully complete with shanks. It will server you well for years.

Last edited:
I've decided to keg my beers and am planning my setup. I have a chest freezer I want to turn into a keezer by following this video . I'm looking at taps and have noticed a pricing disparity between them. Whilst I'm sure there is a difference between taps, is there a reason this ebay one is £20.99 whilst BrewUK are selling just the faucet for £24.99? Brewkeg Tap have a branded Intertap with all parts I'd need, but it's double the price of the Ebay one, would it be worth getting this?

TIA!

Plus the tapcooler counter flow bottle filler will fit the intertap

Yeah I've been impressed with bottle filler. Better than the beergun and easier to set-up and clean. Makes filling just a bottle or two feasible.
I bought the stainless steel intertaps in the hope that I'd only ever need to buy them once. 2 have been in use for a few years now on 2 different fridges and I've never had any issues or problems with them 👍

There were a number of reasons I chose Intertaps when I built mine.

Main reason is that they are forward sealing:

Typically most beer taps use a rear sealing design and the beer in the tap drains from the body of the tap with the help from a vent hole drilled at the front of the tap. This drainage hole is a dark and wet cavity and is an ideal place for airborne bacteria and wild yeast to reproduce leaving a foul film that deteriorates the quality of your beer. Every time the faucet is opened contamination occurs.

Now, when you close your Intertap™ tap, the forward sealing design shuts off the flow at the front of the tap which in turn keeps wild yeast and bacteria out of the interior of the tap body.

Additionally they're stainless steel, spare parts are readily available which allows you to pretty much change every seal on the tap if you need to, and finally being able to use different nozzles and bottle fillers with them. The growler filler and ball lock attachments both look like they could be useful.

The cheapo ones are probably fine but as with anything like this I decided to use stuff that I thought would last and makes for a better end product.

Totally agree about intertaps, they are great. I love the growler filler, very handy.

I'll be selling my three spare intertaps this week btw, I'll post on the for sale section shortly.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for this helpful info! I've learnt my kit is prone to infection maybe a bit more than most, so it will be worth paying more to keep the lines clean. Is there much difference between Nukatap and Intertap?

I will still wanna fill bottles to bring beer to people's houses and parties, or give out as gifts etc. so the counterpressure filler is useful. I was thinking of getting a beer gun, this could work though.

Totally agree about intertaps, they are great. I love the growler filler, very handy.

I'll be selling my three spare intertaps this week btw, I'll post on the for sale section shortly.
I could be interested in this, how much are you looking to sell for? Have they been used? Thanks.

Yes they have been used but they are in mint condition.. I bought them in the first lockdown. I have 3, 2 are stainless and one is chrome (I bought the chrome one as brewkegtap had run out of SS ones - they actually all look identical). I also have a 3-way manifold which I'll be selling.

Was thinking £20 for the chrome one and £30 each for the SS ones (including shipping). £100 for the lot including the manifold. I don't know if that's reasonable or not? Haven't really researched it yet!

Yes they have been used but they are in mint condition.. I bought them in the first lockdown. I have 3, 2 are stainless and one is chrome (I bought the chrome one as brewkegtap had run out of SS ones - they actually all look identical). I also have a 3-way manifold which I'll be selling.

Was thinking £20 for the chrome one and £30 each for the SS ones (including shipping). £100 for the lot including the manifold. I don't know if that's reasonable or not? Haven't really researched it yet!
Can I PM you about this?

Latest posts

Back